Worldwake Prerelease

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I played a 2HG prerelease in Amsterdam. Didn't see Modus Pwnens, but then again, I wouldn't know how to recognize him anyway. Results were a bit poor. We lost the first round because we forgot upkeep triggers twice. But I hadn't played a real magic game in three years, and my teammate only plays on magic online (which kindly remembers you that there's an upkeep trigger), so we were excused for our sloppy play. Lost the second round with 1 life difference, lost the third round to decking (seriously) very very quickly. These guys had some luck with allies, so they decked my teammate in a couple of turns.

The thing is, we had a good blue/white deck and a poor black/green deck. Red was crap, but black and green weren't really strong enough (despite two vampire bombs that cost 7 mana and didn't see play once). After the third round we just added all the allies, and we won the next two rounds because of that. Even sub par allies are better than halfway decent cards... We also won the 5th round, and then lost the 6th because they had a god draw (according to our opponents).

I liked 2HG because of the social aspect, and so did my teammate. I didn't like the format, there was very little interaction between the teams.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I had rehearsals this weekend, so no pre-release for me. I might do a release event this weekend, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Shabbaman, did you play saturday or sunday, and did you play at the 2 Klaveren, or at Uilenstede?

M

Modus Pwnens

I was judging there, so I'd be surprised if you didn't see me ;)

M

Modus Pwnens

Hmm, I don't remember slapping anyone, so that might have been someone else ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I ran two events in my home town, (Sat and Sun) and when the dust cleared, I had 2 packs of Zendikar left........ that's it... I couldn't have run any more folks through anything else....... Saturday was done by 5pm and sunday by 4pm (stupid draft....... he he he)