Worlds Coverage CDs

N

Notepad

Well, downloaded a few Worlds Coverage files and they're a pretty interesting watch. Certainly the first time my eyes have *ever* looked upon a huge event like this. Biggest thing I've seen since today was a PTQ for PT New York. Not that big compared to a true Grand Prix or Pro Tour event. Though, seeing a Worlds is a huge thing.

Anyway...

I know there are folks like Orgg who have problems downloading stuff. Either because of connection speeds or using work internet, you just can't get the files.

Well, I was planning on making a data CD backup of all the files I download, in order to watch it in the future for record and somewhat nostalgic video reasons. Would be neat to watch this again sometime in November or something. It also means portability, so I can take it over to a friend's house to see, or let relatives see what Magic is like.

So, I was wondering, if there were other people planning on downloading the files and with the capability to make CDs of the files, and if there were people who would like the CDs, if maybe we could set up some sort of donation station here. Anybody able to donate CDs? Anybody need CDs?

I can spare like 2 or 3 CDs if anybody wants to watch the files. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was just reading how BitTorrent seems to be gaining acceptance on how to download files. It breaks them into chunks so you download small pieces instead of one big gigantic file.

T

train

Could it be zipped?...

Not sure if this works with media files or not...:rolleyes:

N

Notepad

Actually, by day three WotC was zipping the files before posting them for download. They were posting like 30MB media files, then realized Duh!, they can post 8MB zips instead.

O

orgg

That's not a bad idea, actually... though right now I'd not be able to send a disc. Finances arn't cool right now.

T

train

Well - I figured it could be zipped - just hadn't ever tried with graphic media before...

I'd be interested in copies... I can provide my own disks - but need an addy...

N

Notepad

I have two discs that can be used for data. Now, I just gotta download all the files. :D Gonna make one disc for myself.

So train is interested in the other? Looks somewhat like orgg is, too. Are ya?