World Slayer

M

Mefta16

I was bored and bought a Mirrodin pack last Saturday. The Rare I got was "World Slayer." The rest was mainly repeats and junk. I haven't had much time to think about this card for combos, so here's some of mine.

1: Equip to an indestructable creature and whack away. Even better if the creature has trample. (Best)

2: Hold some lands back in your hand and/or use mana aceleration afterwards. Maybe a dark ritual or two could help.

3: Equip to a strong creature with trample but don't attack w/it to keep your oppent from attacking.

Ok my combos stink:p. But i haven't had much time think about it with being sick on monday and school going on. Can some body think of some better combos? (Don't answer that.) Try to use combos from Extended to help fit my deck format.

N

NorrYtt

The only time I've gotten Worldslayer to do anything is in Multiplayer. It's fairly easy to hit someone with a Worldslaying Escape Artist or Mana Myr. You can also drop it in any deck, like Elves.

There's other equipment that would prove more useful, like Darksteel's Whispersilk Cloak. i.e. Phage the Untouchable.

N

Notepad

You can either use an indestructible creature, or use Shield of Kaldra to make your delivery mechanism indestructable, such as Phantom Warrior. :D

O

orgg

Originally posted by SeFRo
You can either use an indestructible creature, or use Shield of Kaldra to make your delivery mechanism indestructable, such as Phantom Warrior. :D

Yeaaahssss! A use for my four Rare Portal ][ Phantom Warriors!

Then again, what's the chances of getting that one off?

M

Mefta16

Originally posted by orgg
A use for my four Rare Portal ][ Phantom Warriors!
A rare? I thought Phantom Warrior was an uncommon. (Well it was uncommon in 8th edition for sure.)

O

orgg

Anything remotly complicated was a Rare in the Portal series. The three casting cost counterspell was rare, for example. Anything with tap abilities was rare as well. Anything ~GOOD~ was rare.

Well, except Blaze, and that's because it had tons of reminder text on the Pre-Con version.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by SeFRo
SeFRo, that is pretty freaking evil! Very nice!

N

NorrYtt

I have a Rare Portal Wood Elf with Rebecca Guay art. That's right...Wood Elf...RARE.

Mystic Denial (1UU counter from Portal) will probably be printed as the new vanilla counterspell as Randy Buehler forebodes.

As a vain attempt to stay on topic...your deck should do something like:

Shield of Kaldra + Worldslayer + Vulshok Battlemaster

The Battlemaster will go up in casual value. The rumor is if you can equip the Sword, Shield, and Helm of Kaldra on a creature, you win the game.

M

Mikeymike

Sweet! I've been hoping something would make the Vulshok Battlemaster a good card. He's quite the sneaky play...even if he is ever so situational.

If you are going to go Shield of Kaldra + Worldslayer + Vulshok Battlemaster, I think it'd also be wise to give him some sort of evasion, like Wonder or another evasive Equipment piece (Whispersilk Cloak).

Oh man, a Disk everyturn with indestructibles - downright evil.

M

Mefta16

Here's another combo with Worldslayer.

Shield of Kaldra + Worldslayer + Thorn Elemental or Tidal Kraken

Ok so those craetures are exspensive to play but, you could play some Krosan Drovers to make them cheaper.;)