World Poker Championships!!!...

T

train

I'm starting this because i know of more than one person on the CPA that has been watching it...

Anyone else out there interested, or watching it?...

All I can say is that it is downright awesome!... Maybe one day I can play in it - just to meed Edward Norton, Matt Damon, or other celebs...:D :cool:

T

Troll

I'll admit to watching some of it. I haven't been keeping up with it but if nothing else is on, my wife and I will watch some of it.

T

train

I'm kind of using it to teach my 7-year old to play poker...

She's pretty good - we actually go 50-50 during games...

The wife doesn't mind my teaching her, but doesn't prefer to watch the championships...:rolleyes: :cool:

Like you said - It's a "if nothign else is on" thing for her, but a "if possible to sneak a few minutes" thing for me and the daughter...:cool:

Killer Joe

My 7 yr. old daughter wants me to teach her how to play Magic, but I taught her how to play 5 card stud instead.

Hey train, you should check out Andy Bellin's Poker Nation (Harper Collins). It's described as 'A High-Stakes, Low-Life Adventure into the Heart of a Gambling Country'

You could read it in an afternoon. It's funny and talks about the World Championship of Poker. It's now in paperback but I have the hardback version.

I heard an interview with him by Terry Gross from NPR. It was cool.

He has a website:
http://www.pokernation.net

TEXAS HOLD'EM!
YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAA
:D

O

orgg

Yellowjacket,

If you want a good "walk through," I can send you the decklist and walkthough sheet to use with your daughter.

If she has good reading skills (which I assume she does), teach her the "Portal" version of just lands, p/t, and direct damage sourceries(non-x spell, though).

It works alright, from when I demo'd for WOTC in the Ambassador program.

It was quite refreshing when a six-year-old recognised me after teaching him... when he was ten at a PR in Atlanta...

:D