world championship decks

G

grayson

Does anyone know of a site where I can find the decklists to the various world championship decks that have been released? Most of the sites I have found are just places selling the decks and personally, I'd like to know what cards are in the deck before I decide to buy it or not.

Thanks

G

grayson

I understand the cards are not tournament legal. My multi-player group is going to have a "World Championship" tourney. We each choose a deck from any of the Championships and then we "duke" it out in a double elimination tournament format. Just something different for the holidays.

And since this is a casual players site I thought it would be ok to ask this question in this forum. I apologize if I have offended you in any way and if I should not have asked this question.

T

train

Not offended in any way!...

Best way to do it is here:

World Championship Deck Lists

the numbers to look at are:
17, 16, 14, 12, 8, and 4

That's the best I can do for you...

The other decks listed are runners-up...

H

Hetemti

Nah, I just didn't want you buying them for the cards and getting skunked.

Though if you're doing it to do something different, you should just pick them randomly and play them without knowing what's in 'em. More interesting that way. ^^

N

Notepad

I have a bunch of the older ones and can get ya some decklists, but that may have to wait until Monday, when I can fetch the lists and then get to a puter again. If you can wait, I'll help out.

(Randy Buehler's deck is wickedly annoying, btw)

N

Notepad

And I am offended no offense has been taken until just then...

G

grayson

Thanks everyone for your comments and help. I appreciate it.

From what I have found I'm thinking about using the J. Kuhn green/Red land destruction deck (angry non-hermit?????) or Kibler's Red Zone 2k2 deck. Anyone have any ideas about these two decks compared to any of the others?

From reading the tournament reports and articles these are two of my "favorite" pro's. Who are your favorite pro's?

Also, any opinions why Brian used red in his Red zone 2k2 deck? I understand the power of flametongue Kavu but it seems the deck would run smoother if it was strictly green/white. Using three colors seemed to create mana problems during the world championships. Would he have placed higher if running just green/white?

Any thoughts?

T

train

Don't know... not sure what would have happened - but I'm surprised sneka Attack didn't win Worlds!...

Grayson - did i send you that toolbox list?...

G

grayson

Hey Train, yea you sent me the list. I appreciate it. I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again for the list.

T

train

Cool - i couldn't remember...

Let us know how Your Worlds games went...:cool:

G

grayson

Well, over the Christmas break we finally got together and had the tournament with each of us picking a different World Championship deck.

There were 11 in our little tournament. All casual players (well, there is one who "thinks" he is a pro) so it was a fairly even playing field.

I chose the red/green land destruction deck played by Janosch Kuhn who made it to the semi-finals in the 2000 World Championships. This is definitely my favorite deck of the bunch.

I placed third behind Bueller's control deck (2nd place) and the winner was the Rubin's sligh deck from '98.

I still think Kuhn's deck has the potential to win this type of tourney but not this time. ;-) Oh well, we had a blast doing it.

Happy new year everyone.
grayson

T

train

That does sound like it was a lot of fun - and third isn't too bad!!!... considering it's an all "world's" deck competition...

Maybe WoTC should try something like that...;)

N

Notepad

Bah! I hate Buehlerrrz's stupid blue deck!

At least those gold-bordered monstrosities make for good testing decks when you want to see how degenerate your latest T2 machine is. :D

T

train

there's no degeneration here - straight whuppin on worlds decks is what I'm all about...

Of course it's easy to beat the scene, once you've seen it all...

N

Notepad

Its real fun to just build casual decks that take these guys out, or come close.

Though, I think one of the decks is a misprint. There is one from I think 2000, where Urza and Masques block are legal, and the deck is capable of producing a ton of mana...

However, for consistent wins it needs a blaze maindeck, and the friggen card is located sideboard. I fail to see how in the world this deck ever won its way into the semifinals or however far it got.