Wootz Eggs [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'll just pretend that I totally wanted to do another "Legends Retold" deck, as it had been a while since the last one. After all, my most recent new deck for that series was my General Marhault Eldsdragon deck, way back in November of 2022. So it would totally make sense. The reality is messier. In truth, I had so many decks built that I figured something needed to come apart in order for me to construct a new one. It was that or poach cards from another deck and get prepared to swap back and forth, but I hate doing that. Actually, it was either that or update an existing deck, but whatever.

My Tameshi, Reality Architect deck is a bit of a failed experiment, really. It seemed like a fun idea, but proved to put to paint too much of a target on itself without posing a threat commensurate to the target. Operating on the assumption that I was taking a white/blue deck apart, I took a look at the "Legends Retold" series for inspiration and zeroed in on Ayesha Tanaka. Then, in defiance of sanity, I left the Tameshi deck alone and built a new deck from scratch. This is awkward, but at least I've left myself room for improvement. Notice the distinct lack of Flooded Strand in this list? I sure do. I forgot that Flooded Strand is the fetchland I own the fewest copies of. Ouch.

Commander:
1 Ayesha Tanaka, Armorer

1 Academy Ruins
1 Aether Spellbomb
1 Aetherflux Reservoir
1 Alchemist's Vial
1 Ancient Den
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Arcane Signet
1 Argivian Find
1 Arid Mesa
1 Auriok Salvagers
1 Basalt Monolith
1 Batterskull
1 Chromatic Sphere
1 Chromatic Star
1 City of Traitors
1 Codex Shredder
1 Command Tower
1 Commander's Sphere
1 Conjurer's Bauble
1 Crystal Vein
1 Dance of the Manse
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Elsewhere Flask
1 Esper Sentinel
1 Etherium Sculptor
1 Fabricate
1 Faith's Reward
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Flooded Strand
1 Foundry Inspector
1 Glimmervoid
1 Golden Egg
1 Grim Monolith
1 Guild Globe
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Ichor Wellspring
1 Implement of Improvement
1 Inventors' Fair
3 Island
1 Jhoira's Familiar
1 Junk Diver
1 Krark-Clan Ironworks
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Bloom
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Vault
1 Manifold Key
1 Marsh Flats
1 Memory Jar
1 Metalworker
1 Mind Stone
1 Mishra's Workshop
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mox Opal
1 Mox Tantalite
1 Myr Retriever
1 Mystic Forge
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Open the Armory
1 Open the Vaults
1 Ornithopter of Paradise
3 Plains
1 Polluted Delta
1 Prophetic Prism
1 Reshape
1 Rings of Brighthearth
1 Roar of Reclamation
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scrap Trawler
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Second Sunrise
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Skycloud Egg
1 Sol Ring
1 Sol Talisman
1 Staff of Domination
1 Steelshaper's Gift
1 Sunbeam Spellbomb
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Talisman of Progress
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 The Reality Chip
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Thought Monitor
1 Thought Vessel
1 Thoughtcast
1 Tolaria West
1 Transmute Artifact
1 Treasure Vault
1 Tundra
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Voltaic Key
1 Whir of Invention
1 Windswept Heath

-1 Sea of Clouds

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Only piloted this deck in one game, because it comboed off pretty smoothly. I drew plenty of extra cards, got The Reality Chip on a Myr Retriever and was able to deploy more cards right off the top of my library. My opponents got rid of my Aetherflux Reservoir, but then I cast Jhoira's Familiar and was able to Mystical Tutor for Transmute Artifact, which got Sensei's Divining Top and let me draw through my deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I won another game with this deck. Had to bait the use of a Haywire Mite against one of my artifacts, as that card is pretty popular now. From there, I took a bit of a beating, but managed to trigger Ayesha a few times, drawing enough cards to set up a loop with Krark-Clan Ironworks, Lotus Bloom, Codex Shredder, and Faith's Reward.

When I was playing my Ao deck, the problem I ran into was that it kept playing out the same way: either my opponents would kill me, or I'd dig through so much of my library that I'd assemble an infinite combo and win on the spot. In theory, the deck had other tools and could be flexible, but the reality was that churning through so much of my deck meant consistently finding the "Bomberman" combo. This deck is a bit less egregious, but does have a lot in common with the Ao deck. I've only played it twice, so I might keep it around for a while. I actually think that piloting this deck has made me a better Eggs player.

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, this deck keeps winning. I made some serious misplays, but no one was able to capitalize on them and I was able to execute a Bomberman loop for the win.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played a bunch of games last night. The last game was with this deck. Unfortunately, my opening hand let me flood the board with artifacts really quickly and painted a huge target on me. My opponents understandably focused their removal on me, which slowed me down and let another player assemble the Dramatic Reveral + Isochron Scepter combo and win. I'd been attacking him the whole time because I was worried this might happen, but I can totally understand why the other two players went after me instead.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Despite the frustration of my commander getting killed every time I tried to cast it, I was eventually able to assemble a combo with Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith + Sensei's Divining Top in the same turn that I cast Aetheflux Reservoir. The deck actually felt kind of weak right up until the turn that I won, but hey, I did win. Still counts.