WoG leaving us???

T

train

"That may not seem like a good explanation at first (and, I suppose, it isn’t), but it turns out that if the 0/3 Mr. Babycakes hits that table by the second turn, most decks simply cannot handle him. He gets too big too fast, and consequentially, outgrows much of the available removal in our future environment. I can’t tell you how..." source MTG.com

This seems a little like WOTC is leaning towards characteristic destruction instead of general... ex.: destroy creature with p/t less than X, instead of mass like say WoG... is WoG leaving us???

This may also show the "playing power" of creatures will be increasing in formats...

M

Mikeymike

I suppose it depends what sets he will be released in (I have no idea), but a few things of note.
A - there will always be a playable Wrath effect in the environment.
B - Smother will be around (if it remains a 1GG)
C - Nekrataal will be around
D - Bounce (especially multi-creature bounce) hurts him pretty good.

EDIT - I just read that it will be in the last Onslaught expansion, meaning it will also be vulnerable to AEther Burst, Edict and Blood, and Violent Eruption for at least a short while. As well as being tourney legal for the Judgement Phantoms...

E

EricBess

Hmm... That's a good point. Smother will be around. I hope people realize this, along with how powerful this guy is. After all, if you go to MtGonline, they are voting on new cc and p/t combinations. Only one of these combinations is still 3cc.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

No wonder you support Bush. ;)

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.
Oh well.

T

train

Truthfully I began supporting Bush after I got to know the man, but I'll support him before I support somone who invites the Hasran Ogress into the Oval Office... Then touches her...