R

rokapoke

I'll take the Crenellated Wall.

Untap, upkeep (counter), draw.
Crenellated Wall (surprise!)
Done.

Common Pool
  • Island
  • Barbarian Riftcutter 4R Creature-Human Barbarian (3/3; R, Sac ~: Destroy target land)
  • Swamp
  • Dimir Signet 2 Artifact (1, T: Add UB to your mana pool)
Library: 0

Graveyard: Last Breath (O), Chromatic Star (R), Eladamri's Call (R), Primal Growth (M), Soothing Balm (R), Tranquility (O), Mountain (O), Mindstab (T), Horn of Plenty (R), Brainstorm, Implode (O), Molten Slagheap (M), Sea's Claim (M), Waste Away (M), Hush (O), Exhume (O), Plains (T), Soothing Balm (O), Swamp (T), Hull Breach (O), Aether Web(R), Island (O), Lay Waste (T), Dark Ritual (O), Swamp (O), Swamp (O), Raze (O), Fever Charm (O), Gather Courage (T), Ancestral Mask (T), Frantic Purification (M), Ramosian Rally (R), Ignite Memories (R), Exhaustion (O), Dead // Gone (T), Swamp (O), High Market (T), No Rest for the Wicked (O), Churning Eddy (T), Sunfire Balm (R), Daru Cavalier (R), Gaea's Might (R), Entrails Feaster (T), Sunlance (O), Island (O), Synchronous Sliver (O), Phyrexian Ghoul (O), Gerrard's Command (O), Ramosian Sergeant (T), Orim's Cure (O), Insist (T), Hibernation (R), Tainted Wood (O), Spidersilk Armor (O), Volcano Imp (O), Mt (O), Kamahl's Summons (O), Plains (M), Accelerate(M), Spitting Sliver(M), Hunted Dragon(T), Enslaved Dwarf (O), Cavern Harpy(O)

Exile: Shepherd of Rot, Shaleskin Bruiser, Aven Riftwatcher, Giant Dustwasp, Cephalid Illusionist, Snapping Drake, Blaster Mage, Ramosian Lieutenant, Disruptive Student, Honorable Scout, Thelon of Havenwood, Swamp, Plains, Forest x3, Island x2, Mt x3, Disciple of Grace, Ancestral Mask, Tiger Claws, Restless Dreams, Convolute, Obsessive Search, Mt, Bog Witch, Mystical Teachings

Mooseman: 14
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(UUTT) Plains x4
(UUUT) Swamp x4
(UUU) Island x3
(UT) Mountain x2
(UU) Forest

Dark Heart of the Wood (Sac a Forest: You gain 3 life)
Galvanic Arc (When Galvanic Arc comes into play, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.Enchanted creature has first strike. )

(U) Dimir House Guard (2/3; Fear; Sac a creature: Regen ~)
(U) Cateran Persuader (2/1, 1, tap: Search your library for a Mercenary card with converted mana cost 1 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.)
(U) Disciple of Kangee (2/2; U, T: Target creature gains flying and becomes blue ueot)
(U) Phyrexian Bloodstock (3/3, When ~ leaves play, destroy target white creature. It can't be regenerated.)~Arced~
(U) Children of Korlis (1/1; Sac ~: You gain life equal to the life you've lost this turn)
(U) Crossbow Infantry Creature-Human Soldier Archer (1/1; T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking creature)
(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1, Flying Whenever Ravenous Skirge attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Gustcloak Runner (1/1; Whenever ~ becomes blocked, you may untap it and remove it from combat)
(U) Guard Dogs (2/2, 2W, T: Choose a permanent you control. Prevent all combat dmg target creature would deal this turn if it shares a color with that permanent) ~Netted~

=================================================================

turgy22: 16
Hand: 7
Battlefield:
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Forest x3
(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2

Coral Net (Enchant green or white creature; Enchanted creature has "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this creature unless you discard a card.")

(U) Sewerdreg (3/3; Swampwalk; Sacrifice Sewerdreg: Exile target card from a graveyard.)
(U) Cautery Sliver (2/2; All Slivers have "
, Sacrifice this permanent: This permanent deals 1 damage to target creature or player." All Slivers have "
, Sacrifice this permanent: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target Sliver creature or player this turn.") (Has
, Sacrifice ~: Destroy target permanent
from Necrotic Sliver)
(U) Steadfast Guard (2/2; Vigilance)
(U) Silverglade Pathfinder (1/1; 1G, T, Discard a card: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library)
(U) Gustcloak Runner (1/1; Whenever ~ becomes blocked, you may untap it and remove it from combat)
(U) Synchronous Sliver (3/3; All Slivers have Vigilance.)
(T) D'Avenant Healer (1/2; T: D'Avenant Healer deals 1 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.; T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.)
(T) Silver Drake (3/3; Flying; When Silver Drake enters the battlefield, return a white or blue creature you control to its owner's hand.)
(U) Sage of Epityr (1/1; When Sage of Epityr enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of your library, then put them back in any order.)
(U) Blazing Blade Askari (2/2; Flanking;
: Blazing Blade Askari becomes colorless until end of turn.)

rokapoke: 21
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(TTTTU) Forest x5
(UU) Swamp x2
(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2

Seal of Primordium (Enchantment; Sacrifice ~: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.)

(U) Face-Down Creature #1
(U) Necrotic Sliver (2/2; Sliver; All Slivers have "
, Sacrifice ~: Destroy target permanent.") (Has "
, Sacrifice this permanent: This permanent deals 1 damage to target creature or player." and "
, Sacrifice this permanent: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target Sliver creature or player this turn." from Cautery Sliver)
(U) Rishadan Cutpurse (1/1; Human Pirate; When Rishadan Cutpurse enters the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a permanent unless he or she pays
)
(U) Mycologist (0/2; Human Druid; At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore counter on ~. Remove three spore counters from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. Sacrifice a Saproling: You gain 2 life.) * 7 spore counters *
(U) Indentured Oaf (4/3; Ogre Warrior; Prevent all damage that ~ would deal to red creatures.)
(U) Knight token (2/2; First Strike)
(U) Nantuko Calmer (3/4; Insect Druid; G,
, sacrifice ~: Destroy target enchantment. Threshold -- ~ gets +1/+1 as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)
(U) Viashino Slasher (1/2; Viashino Warrior; R: ~ gets +1/-1 until EOT.)
(U) Bog Serpent (5/5; Serpent; ~ can't attack unless defending player controls a Swamp. When you control no Swamps, sacrifice ~.)
(S) Crenellated Wall (Artifact; 0/4; Wall; Defender. T: Target creature gets +0/+4 ueot.)

Oversoul: 3
Hand: 0
Battlefield:
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Mountain x3
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Brain Gorgers (4/2; When you cast ~, any player may sac a creature. If a player does, counter ~.; Madness 1B)
(U) Treespring Lorian (5/4)
(U) Grafted Skullcap (I draw an extra card in my draw step and I discard my hand at the end of my turn)[/quote]

R

rokapoke

Hm. The Skullcap seems to conflict with how we've handled our draws with the empty library. I have no idea how to handle this.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't think you can get decked in this format. You just stop drawing cards.
As for the interaction with the skullcap, I would think that that would only effect library draws (as we've been playing so far.) So once the library is gone, it has no effect. At least, that was my interpretation. This format is not fluent with a great number of cards' rules text.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't think you can get decked in this format. You just stop drawing cards.
Well, there's no mention of that in the source we originally got this from. You guys can modify it however you want, but I haven't seen any mention of a contingency for loss by decking. It's not like Mindmaster or whatever. The library is actually quite big, just not so big that it can't eventually be drawn out. In my case, I'm dead either way: if decking doesn't kill me, not having any more cards to draw in another desperate attempt to save myself will (anyone else at the table could kill me unless I topdecked an answer, and that is no longer possible). But I guess it matters in determining what happens to the rest of you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I asked the author when we first started about ownership of cards and a few other questions, but he never answered (that I know of). So my interpretation of the Skullcap is the same as turgy22's; you can't get decked in this format, the Skullcap only affects library (or Tower, in this case) draws so when it tries to act on that part of its ability, it fails. The discard part still applies though - basically, the card tries to do as much as it can.

So yes, you are basically at the mercy of the rest of the group - if they decide to let you live, that's fine and if they decide to take you out, so be it. It's "whoever's the last one standing wins", so let's get to a winner! So take your turn Oversoul.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I'll just say that if the game had gone differently, with the game drawing to a close, it being down to me and one person who had a better board position and I'd tried to win by decking my last opponent with Braingeyser or something, only to be told that no, an invisible "no decking" rule is in effect that wasn't specified beforehand, I'd be incredulous about that. It'd be pretty silly to care right now, since it would only make me lose faster in this game, but I'd think it would be an issue under other circumstances. I guess if we do more Wizard's Tower games, it can now be clarified in advance. Anyway...

I wasn't going to do anything, since there's nothing I can do in my turn that would save me, but I'll attack Turgy with everything out of spite.

turgy22

Nothing Special
That's the spirit.

Decking makes no sense in a format with a shared library and under-powered cards (which all limited formats inevitably suffer from). I imaging most multi-player Wizard's tower games play out pretty much like this one, with the library exhausting before most players are eliminated. If you could lose by decking, it would basically mean that whoever is the last one to draw a card wins, with all other opponents going out in succession. No game would be worth playing.

I'll block Treespring Lorian with Silverglade Pathfinder and Braingorgers with Askari.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's the spirit.

Decking makes no sense in a format with a shared library and under-powered cards (which all limited formats inevitably suffer from).
I used to play some shared library format a long time ago, but it was pretty different from this. I don't remember what it was called...

Also, done of course.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22, did you have any responses during combat or does it resolve?

And actually, we kind of did talk about what would happen should the library/Tower run out of cards nearly a year ago (from about page 13 or 14):

BigBlue said:
I just have a feeling we'll all be decked
Spidey said:
I have no idea, the article doesn't say. What do you guys want to do if that happens? Draw or keep playing?
rokapoke said:
I think we should keep going, unless it looks like a stalemate. After all, no new cards means no big changes.
Oversoul said:
I will probably not be decked. I anticipate losing when my life total hits 0.
Fail with the future telling :D

rokapoke said:
I actually don't think that running out of cards will be a problem....
Ditto...