Wizard: Round 8

T

train

I know you're not online now - but yeah - some of the classes have eased up... and work is slowing a bit... (which is where most of my play time came from)...

R

rkoelsch

Jack of Spades

Lead 7 of Hearts

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I did.

E

EricBess

Okay, now I'm officially confused...

First, train leads high trump after overplaying the trick before, all with a 1 overbid situation.

Then, rkoelsch trumps a trick to take a second trick after already making his 1 bid...I can only guess he already figures he's been set and hopes to bring train down with him....

3 of Clubs:confused:

R

rkoelsch

don't be confused EB. It is just me messing up. I thought I looked back and didn't see me taking a trick. Oh well, I have been kind of distracted lately. sorry.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
train's play was interesting, but seeing as how he had the Ace of Clubs still in hand I figure he was just trying to see which one would fly.

Turns out neither one did...I wonder if he has a backup plan for this one...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train plays the 4 of Hearts, thus ensuring TomB takes the trick.

I was wondering about rkoelsch's play too, but also figured he had a master plan... ;)

T

train

I'm ready for my play...

(sorry I keep disappearing... I finished one final - only eight more to go...)

E

EricBess

My turn for a delay this time. I was at GenCon SoCal scorekeeping the Vs Pro Circuit and the guy working the networking was a bit too enthusiastic about security, so I could never get connected to the internet :(

So, 3 more tricks left? Just enough for train to get 1 and me to get 2, hopefully :D

2 of Diamonds

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So I don't need to keep playing for you train? Or should I give it a week like last time and post a play?

T

train

I'm officially done with everything for the semester now...

Sorry I appear and then disappear... it shouldn't be an issue anymore... 30 hours is for the insane...

:rolleyes:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And to think, I was worried about taking the 2 tricks this round for a minute there...:(

<groan>

At least I KNOW someone else is getting set too now...:eek:

I'll lead the 5 of Diamonds this time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just want to let you guys know that I'll be on "vacation" (i.e. not going to work) from 12/17 to 12/26 and will be back 12/27. So unless a miracle happens and we finish the trick today (which means I can wrap up the last trick and send out cards for the next round), you'll have to wait until 12/27 to get the new cards (assuming you guys finish the round by then :) )