Spiderman - 2
EricBess - 3

Spidey won the 1st
TomB won the 2nd
EricBess won the 3rd
TomB won the 4th
Train won the 5th
EricBess won the 6th

With two rounds to go - TomB, Spidey, and EricBess all need 1. EricBess, Take it away...

B

BigBlue

TomB has been around a couple times and didn't see it was his turn...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think it'll make much of a difference (although maybe 'cause you bid nil), but BigBlue played the 9 of Diamonds for you way back last month, 12/19, when you said you'd be out for a while. It's within the first 30 posts of this thread...

B

BigBlue

rkoelsch meant to say he'd play the 5 of Spades... :D
train plays the 7 of Spades
Jigglypuff plays a Jester

Which takes us to Spiderman....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was hoping to upset the leader but it's getting too close to the wire and I don't know who has the last Wizard between TomB and EricBess, so I'll Wizard this trick and lead the last with the 2 of Spades.

B

BigBlue

OK, Final Trick.

Spiderman led the 2 of Spades.
EricBess Hopes his Ace of Clubs is all that's left.
TomB plays his 9 of Spades.
rkoelsch plays a Jester.l
Train plays the 8 of Spades
Jigglypuff plays a Jester.

So, Everyone but TomB makes their bid. If spidey had played it differently then EricBess would have missed, but so it goes...

TomB - Bid 3 took 2 for -10 points (100 points)
rkoelsch - Bid nil took nil for 20 points (170 points)
Train - Bid 1 took 1 for 30 points (180 points)
Jigglypuff - Bid nil took nil for 20 points (130 points)
Spiderman - Bid 2 took 2 for 40 points (140 points)
EricBess - Bid 3 took 3 for 50 points (220 points)

Next rounds cards coming soon - I am left wondering when Jigglypuff will be back... Should I deal his cards or not? For now I will and if he doesn't get back to me within a day or two after everyone else then he'll fold... It's one thing to play someone's hand out when you have omnipotence of the hands but quite another to bid...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to upset EricBess but couldn't take the risk with the possibility of the 4th Wizard out there...

Regarding Jigglypuff, that sounds good to me.

B

BigBlue

Yeah - it's always more important to make your own bid than to try to set someone else. It's hard, maybe I should say harsh, to sit in the chair of omnipotence of the game and try to judge what could have been done... Because I know what all the possibilities were...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I wanted to upset EricBess but couldn't take the risk with the possibility of the 4th Wizard out there...

Regarding Jigglypuff, that sounds good to me.
Actually, Spidey, you set me on the 1st trick when you trumped my Ace. After that I realized I had only a small chance of making it...;)

Oh, and on the JP question, that sounds like a plan. Go for it! :D

R

rkoelsch

you know I wrote those down. lost them . wrote them down again lost them again. came to the final cards thought I had the right ones but oh well. thanks BB for covering.

E

EricBess

I wasn't 100% sure who had what right at the end, but I had a feeling that my only chance was to try to get Spiderman to play that Wizard if he had it. If both had a Wizard left, I knew there was no way I was making the bid. Still, Spidey, as far as I'm concerned, it was the last 3 tricks that were necessary to send the right message, not just the last 2...

Still, can't say that I'm not relieved. Wearing that target on your forehead can be pretty intimidating... :D