Wizard: Round 7

E

EricBess

Too bad you had such powerful cards, TomB. The Wizard was the only thing that could have stopped you from making the 3 and the odds of BB having it was slim. If only you had known you could have save the Jester instead of the Ace... Sigh

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually we'll keep playing as long as we can; I'll make train's plays.

I will also be gone from the 18th to the 23rd though, so once we hit that next week, we'll probably stop until you or I come back first.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by EricBess
If only you had known you could have save the Jester instead of the Ace... Sigh
Actually it didn't matter, as I played the Jester in response to BB's first Wizard. Either way, my Ace was dead meat. I probably should have played it earlier, like right after I took the 2nd trick, or used it to take the fourth trick (but I couldn't, as it was another Diamond lead), but I was hoping to set BB by using it to take away another one of his tricks (like I did on the 2nd trick).

Essentially, train's Diamond lead on the 4th trick is what sealed my fate...:(

As it turned out though, I'd have been better off letting BB take the 2nd trick and then sat back and watched him try to off-throw a Wizard to avoid going over...:eek:

Who knew...*SIGH*

Have fun rk. We'll keep the fires burning...:D

E

EricBess

My point is, you would have needed to know one trick sooner. Instead of playing the Jester on BB's first Wizard, you play the Wizard and Ace on the two Wizards. Then you have the Jester for the final trick (and BB takes 4).

But unless he has the other Wizard, you have your tricks in the bag, so you made the right play by playing the Jester on his Wizard because the odds of him having the other Wizard are pretty slim, especially when he played a Wizard on a trump lead (apparently trying to protect his trump) and he had already played 2 aces.

And as far as your Ace goes, you were banking on the 2 Wizards and the Ace of trump for your 3 tricks. Everything else you had was pretty weak. I would have trumped the very first trick with the Ace. Then you can either play spoiler with your Wizards, or just take them tricks 2 and 3 and call it good. You wouldn't have had any touble ditching the rest of your cards.

Still, hindsight is always 20/20. :D

B

BigBlue

Awww, come on, let's not split hairs.... Hindsight is 20/15 or 20/10... :D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by EricBess
And as far as your Ace goes, you were banking on the 2 Wizards and the Ace of trump for your 3 tricks. Everything else you had was pretty weak. I would have trumped the very first trick with the Ace. Then you can either play spoiler with your Wizards, or just take them tricks 2 and 3 and call it good. You wouldn't have had any touble ditching the rest of your cards.

Still, hindsight is always 20/20. :D
I thought about trumping the first trick at the time, but as I said, I was trying to save my thunder and use to steal a trick from BB. Dumping the club meant that I would be able to use my trump for anything except a diamond lead, so I figured I'd be all set up...LOL!

I know I shouldn't have tried to get all greedy like that, but it's getting late in the game and I figured I was so far behind I needed to do something to get back into it.

Do you realize that so far I've had exactly 2 trump cards, and that neither one (effectively) got me a trick? :eek: