BigBlue

The order for this round is:

Spiderman - 80
EricBess - 110
TomB - 80
rkoelsch - 100
Train - 140
Jigglypuff - 130

It's still a close game, but those two unmade bids hurt Spidey and Tom.

The Card Flopped was a Wizard .

Jibblypuff chose Hearts to be trump.

B

BigBlue

RKoelsch bids nil

To recap the bidding:

Spiderman - 1
EricBess - 1
TomB - 2
rkoelsch - nil

Train -
Jigglypuff -

T

train

nil...

Though i think we should get extra points for going nil...;)

B

BigBlue

If you have 4 wizards, bid nil, and manage to make your bid, I'll consider it... :D

In the meantime, you get 20 points per nil which would be 200 points in a 10 round game... That's the secret really in my opinion, to make every bid and not try to stretch your hand.

It is easy to dump, even a wizard if you have to as long as you know there are more wizards out there to dump off on (like in late rounds).

B

BigBlue

I know.... But of course I'm not releasing ALL my secrets... :D

But I shared that one with everyone, so it isn't giving anyone any advantage... :D

And yes, this is very tongue in cheek... But the secret isn't really secret... I really feel that if you can make every bid, it's tough to lose... It doesn't matter that you bid nil. Unless someone else is getting 3 or 4 a lot, you'll do well... and often those high hands are the easiest ones to topple.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it slightly depends on the people who are playing, but of course, generally speaking, if you make your bid every time, you can win.

However, a person always bidding nil will probably lose to even that player who bids only when he has Wizards in his hand and bids nil the rest of the time and makes his bids.

It's the judgement of whether you can take a trick with an Ace or trump that's the mix... and whether someone who bids nil takes a trick because no one else wants it for various reasons, like actively making him take it or passively because they don't want to mess up their bids :)

B

BigBlue

The only other thing I'd add is that it is a very interesting perspective when you know each of the hands and watch the interplay...

I would suspect you have a bit of an advantage having run this game with the same players... I have been surprised by the bids many times... And more surprised by some of the outcomes. I suspect EB has a good perspective since he keeps track of hands more than I ever did and can essentially learn the same things about players after the fact.

I try to play with a little entropy just to throw off the card counters... :D And those who know my tendencies.

And before this all gets lost in the shuffle.... Jigglypuff is up to bid...

Spiderman - 1
EricBess - 1
TomB - 2
rkoelsch - nil
Train - nil

Jigglypuff -

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I kinda know how the group will bid but really, it's no different from what other players might be observing. Plus, some people learn as the game goes on :)

I'll start off with the 4 of Hearts :)

B

BigBlue

EricBess plays the Ace of Hearts
TomB follows with the 5 of Hearts

rkoelsch is up.