Wizard: Round 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was lucky he had a Wizard; there's only 4 and there was only 12 cards. Well, I guess it's a 1 in 5 (or is that 2 in 5?) chance someone had a Wizard but still, the odds favor someone not having one...

J

Jigglypuff

When train led clubs, I was pretty confident I was going to make my bid. Then when train took the trick, I was sure that I was going to make my bid. Then I looked at the rules again and realized that the first Wizard played took the trick, not the last Wizard as I had wrongly remembered.

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

Still, there is strategy involved. You can play it safe and play the Wizard first trick. That almost guarentees everyone will make their bid since it's fairly clear rkoelsch must be bidding on something. But, as Spidey mentioned, the odds are against rkoelsch having a Wizard, so if you're willing to take a small risk of getting set yourself, you can increase your position.

Of course, none of this involved me, so I'm all for you taking such a risk :D.

And I think you're right rkoelsch. If train had led anything else, you trump the first trick. If JP plays the Wizard then, he takes both, so he has no choice but to let you make.