Administrator
Staff member
The order of players is:

BigBlue
EricBess
Jigglypuff
Chaos Turtle
rkoelsch

There is NO TRUMP; a Jester was burned. If everyone PMs their bid by 5:30 PM EST today, you guys can start; otherwise, you'll have to wait until Monday.

Scores:

EricBess: 80
Jigglypuff: 70
Chaos Turtle: 100
rkoelsch: 160
BigBlue: 220

B

BigBlue

How about No bid, we get 10 per trick taken... :D

OK. I guess I'll prepare to be set up... I hate rounds with no trump.

R

rkoelsch

Only because you are in the lead. I think in knee jerk reaction everyone will under bid and noone will want to take a trick.:D

E

EricBess

Possibly, but remember that the fact that each trick is worth 10 is a built in mechanism to encourage a general overbid, so I think it all works out in the end.

B

BigBlue

Sorry, but No Trump Silent Bids are rough, on everyone...

Especially CT last time as I recall. You can get on a roll and take a ton, or get stuck for none if someone else gets on a roll.

I really think that this whole game comes down to the final round and if you are within striking range the other rounds will be insignificant, there will be 12 cards with no trump and all wizards and jesters are dispersed... A Sandbaggers paradise.

Queue up Coolio... (or Weird Al if you'd rather).

E

EricBess

Right, which means that the Wizards and Jesters are pure gold in that round, giving you a ton of control.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry guys, apparently one of you forgot to send in his bid over the weekend when I was gone. So we're still waiting on one person...

C

Chaos Turtle

Evidently, when I sent in my bid, I hit the "Flush Into Abyss" button istead of the "Send Reply" button. Blame Neitchze.

R

rkoelsch

I really think Ed needs to get rid of that Flush into the Abyss button. It is so confusing.:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here we go:

EricBess: 2
Jigglypuff: 2
Chaos Turtle: 4
rkoelsch: 0
BigBlue: 2

No under or overbids this time; everyone could be a winner! Take it away, BigBlue...

B

BigBlue

Some folks must be gun shy...

Let's start this off with a Queen of Diamonds

E

EricBess

I'll trump with the Jack of Spades...

What? No trump? Okay, but I'll play Jack of Spades anyway.

E

EricBess

Suddenly, I look and find a Diamond in my hand. Oh no, I have cheated. No big deal, I'll cover it up by playing the 8 of Hearts :p

J

Jigglypuff

Welly well well... (Does anyone know what game that's from?)

10 of Diamonds

(- Steve -)