With the addition of Relentless Rats, does there need to be a Rat King?

Should WoTC print a Rat King?

• Yes! WoTC should print a Rat King!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there's no need for a Rat King

• Don't Care

• Total voters
T

train

I thought of something like that - but it's pretty strong with the ability to generate mass rats... that's why I went with not blocked by walls only...

:cool:

C

chocobo_cid

sacrifice two rats: target creature cannot block this turn

;)

T

train

maybe

"pay 1 life, sacrifice a rat: target creature cannot block this turn..."

:D

It's all based on intruder alarm... Even my previous sac idea seems broken with intruder alarm...

C

chocobo_cid

How about: sacrifice a rat: win the game!

That's not worse than relentless rats, just more efficient. You'd save a lot of time that way...;)

C

chocobo_cid

It harkens back to the plague rat decks of yesteryear...

Which, gratefully, I have only been told of.;)

T

train

they're not yesteryear - they're the decks of tomorrow!...

rats may beat out zombies if they get enough run support...;)

N

Notepad

All of those abilities still do not make it worthwhile to use anything other than Relentless Rats. Even my coat thing, while making it okay to use others, is still best with exclusive Relentless Rats. However, here is a twist on your stuff that makes it worth using other rats:

"BBB, Sacrifice a Rat: Search your library for any Rat creature card that has a different name and put it into play."

There, drop a Swarm of Rats or a Ravenous Rats, and later on get a Relentless Rat directly into play. This is top-down in theme with a piper of rats, it seems. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
SeFRo: I see what you're saying about just using the King with the Relentless Rats, it's true. Not being imaginative, your idea so far sounds best...

T

train

Soul Foundry would give you more than the estimated 40 rats someone might put in a deck...;)

C

chocobo_cid

40 rats? I believe that the example given on MtG.com was 35.;)

M

mythosx

Originally posted by SeFRo
All of those abilities still do not make it worthwhile to use anything other than Relentless Rats. Even my coat thing, while making it okay to use others, is still best with exclusive Relentless Rats. However, here is a twist on your stuff that makes it worth using other rats:

"BBB, Sacrifice a Rat: Search your library for any Rat creature card that has a different name and put it into play."

There, drop a Swarm of Rats or a Ravenous Rats, and later on get a Relentless Rat directly into play. This is top-down in theme with a piper of rats, it seems. :D
Im not sure this is that great. Why not instead of drawing a sub standard rat and palying it, then sacking it to play the real rat you want, Just replace it with the Relentless rats in the first place? You are allowed to have as many anyways..

R

Reverend Love

So what's the magic number of Relentless Rat's everyone's looking at playing?

N

Notepad

Originally posted by mythosx
Im not sure this is that great. Why not instead of drawing a sub standard rat and palying it, then sacking it to play the real rat you want, Just replace it with the Relentless rats in the first place? You are allowed to have as many anyways..
True, my little creation there is still not the best incentive to use other rats. However, this one does make it worthwhile for a rat deck to finally drop Chittering or Ravenous Rats. Use them for their abilities, then if they're no good anymore, bring out a Relentless.

How about using the "different name" incentive along with the Coat incentive and making them work much better:

"Each rat gets +X/+X, where X is equal to the number of rat creature cards in play with a different name than it."

Like Coat in that you must keep track of other cards, and it actually makes you want to play different rats as a booster uniter. With the Rat King in play, a Pestilence Rat on the board is just as good as one more Relentless Rat.

C

chocobo_cid

Or Bog Rats, or Rabid Rats, or Swarm of Rats, or Sewer rats would be worthwhile, esp. with the Coat Effect and a lot of Black mana.

R

Reverend Love

I'll probably be rolling with at least 28 rats and some sort of tricks to put a butt load of them into play.

T

train

I'll be running 4 W-RAT-HS... and plenty of wing shards to boot...

;)