Wirewood Herald + Natural Order

K

Killerbob

I just discoverred this combo. Maybe its old knowledge to everyone else, but its new to me. You get to tutor for 2 creatures. One has to be green, the other one has to be an elf. The green one will enter play immediately. Sounds really good. But what should I tutor for?
Verdant force? Llanowar sentinel? Rith? Any suuggestons are welcome.
I like tribedecks, so I would prefer not to play too many different creature types. Elves+wurms or elves+dragons and so on is ok.

T

train

Cloudscraper...

I think it's a beast...

Elves and beasts have a lot of synergy...:D

R

Rooser

The most common target for Natural Selection is Verdant Force. If you got even one, throw him in the deck!

As for Elves, - the best target in this case would probably be... Wirewood Herald! Just drop him down again when you got another Selection in hand!

You might even be able to work strange recursion with this. Get a Battlefield Scrounger and start putting things back into your deck!

K

Killerbob

As for Elves, - the best target in this case would probably be... Wirewood Herald!
Very nice!

Get a Battlefield Scrounger and start putting things back into your deck!
theres an elf which causes creatures in graveyard to be shuffled into library when he dies. I´m considering him to stick to the elf theme.
Or playing black for more sacrifices and some scrapper/lyrist/wirewood guardian/fierce empath + corpse dance tricks.

unusual combo: llanowar druid + corpse dance + 1 bayou and at least 5 forests = infinite mana

With living wishes these corpse dance tricks should be possible without putting too many strange cards in the deck. I must try that! :)

K

Killerbob

Not an elf. And it gets removed from game itself. But Elvish Soultiller does the same without removing it if I can keep it an elf deck.

T

train

Well... Barishi can be removed from the game - wishes exist for a reason...

but the main reason in using him, is that he is not picky about the creatures getting shuffled in - they all get shuffled in...

N

NorrYtt

You could stay totally Elves and play the big ones like Elvish Aberration, Wirewood Guardian, Elvish Soultiller, and Deranged Hermit. These guys are huge and better than most people think.

Skyshroud Poachers are ideal.

Viridian Shaman and Viridian Zealot provide utility.

Skullclamp draws cards. Something like Heartseeker can act as creature control.

Of course, this all runs on the backbone of Priest of Titania.

H

Homestar

i think id put rith in.....

but you could always put regeneration on elvish soultiller and
have an unlimited supplie of elves if you have a straight Elf deck.

while were on thise tribal subject, i made a squirrel deck the other day cuz i bought whole bunch of squirrel-maker cards, and i was wonderin what you guys think of those.

but to answer the thread eaither Cloudscraper, Elvish soultiller or rith...........

R

Rooser

Yeah Elvish soultiller is a good idea. So is Caller of the Claw. It was pointed out to me that keeping a Wirewood Herald on the table is a really good way to make use of Caller of the Claw. They whit you with Mass Removal and you just go get your Caller right then and cast her! Mise!

H

Homestar

another good idea is to put in Caller Of The Hunt if your gonna go tribal......