Winston - Spiderman vs Jigglypuff

B

BigBlue

JigglyPuff chose to draft second.

Stack (26) Pile 1 (2) Pile 2 (5) Pile 3 (4)

Cards Drafted:

Spiderman (26)
JigglyPuff (27)

Currently JigglyPuff is looking at Pile 2

It's getting too difficult for me to keep up with this thread of picks/passes... from now on, I'll only be updating the cards portion and who is currently on the clock... Besides, I'm not sure if anyone is using this info or not, if you are, sorry... but I'm having a hard enough time keeping the PM's straight... So far no hitches or mistakes, but I did just PM some moves to myself on accident instead of the intended recipients... :)

I

Istanbul

...I guess I'm out of this one, despite being the first non-Train replyer...

Oh well. I'll come back later.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue: I didn't receive the PM...

Isty: You're not out of it, BB said he forgot his spreadsheet with all the drafts on it. He just happened to have the data for this match on him at this moment, but we'll play :)

B

BigBlue

Isty... get your info in... I'm going to try to run multiple drafts at a time... because otherwise it'll be a year before this finishes...

B

BigBlue

Sorry... very busy day at work today... Servers crashing... blah blah blah...

B

BigBlue

I have a question.... Once pile 1 is passed... I could offer it to your opponent... (in order to speed things up...

You don't have to reply until after the other person picks if you want to know whether they are taking a pile... But I think I will start offering it (just to try and move things along...) I am sorry for not being around as much... I think this isn't nearly as bad as I initially feared... and if we get some improvement by speeding it up...

If you DO pick the pile.... I won't let the person picking know until they are finished, but they'll get to start with pile 1 again (since you've picked)... and if anyone needs clarification on the process....

Player A's Draft

Player A passes pile 1
(I add a card to pile 1 and send pile 1 to player B & pile 2 to Player A)
Player A passes pile 2
(I add a card to pile 2 and send pile 3 to Player A)
Player A chooses pile 3
(if player B passed Pile 1 - I add a card to it once player A is done and let them see pile 2 with the new card otherwise I note to make a new pile 1 when player A is finished)

Let me know if this is ok or not... if you aren't comfortable with it I won't.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good idea... I don't think it will matter if I am on pile 3 and see that my opponent chose pile 1 in the meantime... just don't send me pile 1 again until I make my first choice :)

B

BigBlue

So... I have to say, this is an interesting format... I think we picked some weird packs... and I think it'd be nice to at least pick consistent packs because really, you have very little idea what could even be coming as far as cards - given the possibilities from 3 sets... And... if you get a bomb.... it's really the bomb... of course you may never see it in your deck either... plus, I really don't like these CPU generated sets... I am not really giving anything away because I don't "know" from not looking... but I don't think they come dispersed the same way packs do - which WotC tries to distribute colors evenly.... I don't really "know" one way or the other (mostly because I didn't take the time to look before shuffling them)... also I used a different program this time, since Apprentice really seemed to generate very similar packs a lot... something which isn't cool... (I mean how likely is it to really get 3-4 of the same card in 4 packs from a box?) I still ended up with some doubles of cards (and more than I'd like to see)... but I think it was a better spread than I used to get with Apprentice where I'd get rares doubled sometimes.... which almost never happens irl between 2-4 players...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think it's slightly strange since you don't know how your cards are gonna work together from three different sets, but also fun.

What did you use to put the packs together if not Apprentice?

B

BigBlue

I think I tried Magic Suitcase.... It's at home, I'll check...

B

BigBlue

As a math type person.... there is a possible paradox.... And I'd like you to tell me how to handle it....

If there is 1 card on the stack, and you are on pile 3....

If you pass, there will be no cards left for you...

How should we deal with this if it comes up?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think when we get down to the last couple cards, we'll have to go slower turn by turn again so we can see what the other is doing.

B

BigBlue

Update....

Istanbul hasn't appeared in a while either to start the other drafts...

JigglyPuff sent me his pass on Pile 1... I may have lost it earlier.

I

Istanbul

BigBlue said:
As a math type person.... there is a possible paradox.... And I'd like you to tell me how to handle it....

If there is 1 card on the stack, and you are on pile 3....

If you pass, there will be no cards left for you...

How should we deal with this if it comes up?
Let's say the stacks are:

Pile 1: 2
Pile 2: 1
Pile 3: 1
Stack: 1

Jiggly is on pile 3. He passes, and gets the last card on the stack.
Spidey goes through pile 1, passes. Pile 2, passes.
Spidey MUST take pile 3.
Jiggly looks at pile 1, passes.
Jiggly MUST take pile 2.
Spidey MUST take pile 1.

B

BigBlue

Isty.... get me your rock paper scissors/number... and if you want to draft first or choose to play/draw...

Spidey... Actually... in your example... when JP passes, the top card of the stack get's added to pile 3... and now there's no stack for JP... so in essence he loses a draft... because he can't take a card from the stack (which is empty) and he passed pile 3... as I said, a paradox...

I could just say he loses a draft... but that doesn't really seem fair... I think I'd prefer to force someone to take pile 3...

I

Istanbul

What do you mean, rock paper scissors number? Is that some kind of new randomization just now invented?