Wing Commander: Prophecy for Gameboy Advance

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Got this over the weekend and man, is it tougher than the PC games. The little arrow controls are definitely inferior to a joystick. :) Plus, it took me a while to figure out that I had more guns/missiles/decoys than I thought I had since the manual is very skimpy. Still, it's true to the Wing Commander universe that I'm used to and despite having to re-load and replay each mission about 10 times at least, I'm enjoying it so far (though only on the third mission :rolleyes: )

N

Notepad

Sounds mighty interesting. :D

What do the graphics look like? Is it like the SNES Wing Commander, or did they actually improve upon them for the GBA?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't seen the SNES Wing Commander so can't compare to that.

To me, they look the same as Wing Commander 1 & 2 on the PC. Don't know if that's good or bad but at least it's familiar. :)

N

Notepad

Sounds good. I think I remember those, and the SNES one I think looked like them. One more question: Does this game have a Maniac-type character?

I absolutely enjoyed killing Maniac in the SNES game. :eek: :D :eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, actually Maniac and Blair are in the game, Maniac as another flyboy jockey and Blair as a/the Commodore of the fleet.

N

Notepad

Fun times! :D :D :D

Next time I have money I am gonna get it. DIE MANIAC! DIE!!!

Unfortunately that'll be a while as I bought Super Mario World for the GBA, which has a lot of fun tweaks to make it worth playing again (not to mention that it is now portable).

Ah, nostalgia porting...