Will Starcitygames Premium hurt Vintage's popularity?

Will restricting access to Vintage's best representatives hurt Type 1?

• Yes, I belive this will hurt the format

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I do not believe this will affect the format

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, too early to tell and or not enough information

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but if the "retro" card was one that didn't cause any rules/programming problems, that's not hard to do :)

N

Notepad

Ferret, the card existing to view is merely text and an image, and maybe some entry information so it shows up under the right search parameters. But other than that, those older cards don't exist.

Actually programming some of them would be a pain, especially going back and doing them all. It would be like doubling the size of MTGO's database, plus a little more. It'd be a huge undertaking. But, they could do it. Not like they haven't had to do psycho cards already.

The reason they don't? Greed. Why let the secondary market get any crazier, with dealers making even more of a profit? The way it is now, WotC controls the true supply side, and thus stand to make more money off the current setup.

As noble as we'd all like to pretend we are, we'd all make the same decision if we were in those WotC planning meetings. ;) Its still a mean choice. Mean, but profitable.

T

Tabasco

As a now more avid Vintage player, I go to TMD (The Mana Drain) alot mainly because they have alot of tournies posted, in fact many of the Mox tournies are on the mana drain, the only thing SCG advetises is their P9 tournaments....

I would like to also add that last saturday I attended a $12.00 Time Walk tourney and top 4'd out of thirty people record was 3-0-2 for top 8 qualifying

Killer Joe

How lame was their "April Fools" joke. An emergency banning of Chimney Imp!?

At least last year I was hooked for about a day when they posted articles from Rizzo & Wakefield. Now THAT was funny :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The hidden comments were pretty cool, but the confetti was slightly annoying. You have to know when to stop. I actually thought some of the jokes they had were pretty funny though...

Killer Joe

Sometimes I read the articles (and skip the centerfolds of Serra :rolleyes: ) just to check out the style of writting (I sorta hack myself, ahem). I also read for content, of course, but I can't limit myself to just my own thoughts. Do I have an SCG Premium account? No. But I don't really see the problem of wanting to get one. They still post good articles and if I were a pro-tour minded player then I might consider getting one, both SCG and at Brainburst (does BB still exist?).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Also, their statistics are premium now, which is too bad for me, since I liked the statistics but am certainly not going to pay for premium stuff...