Will port be banned?

• Thread starter The Magic Jackal
  • Start date
T

The Magic Jackal

I've brought up this question before, and it was decided that port should not be banned. I'm bringing it up again do to the rumors of gold in Invasion. If they do print gold cards in invasion do you think port should be banned?

I do think it will be banned. They banned it in MBC because it didn't allow for dual colored decks. I think the same will hold up in type two with invasion.

C

Cateran Overlord

Will it be banned? No, I don't think so. Should it be banned? YES!!! This is another gay colorless card which is freaking everywhere. I am SO sick of these. If it were up to me, I'd stop printing artifacts so that there are no more cards which make it so that NOTHING is out of color (my first thought on seeing Masticore: mono blue with BURN??? WTF??)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea whether it will be banned; I'd probably wait to see what else is in Invasions that might deal with it before making a judgement. Maybe there's more land destruction or something.

C

Chaos Turtle

It should not be banned, and I don't expect it to be banned.

Port will keep the runaway multicolor decks that might overrun the environment in check. Like Wasteland in its day, it is very, very good, but not too good.

Besides, there are plenty of ways in Standard to deal with Port, which don't exist in Masque block.

A

Almindhra

Yes, it will be banned...If not that, then restricted...Invasion will bring about a lot of multi-coloured decks...They have legends, and lands with duel colours, and who knows what else...MBC brought about mono-colour...So with the Port in play, many decks will be hindered...And I know Wizards won't want that...

C

Cateran Overlord

for the billionth time, T2 has NO restricted list!!!!!! I dunno how many times I've had to explain it.

As for Wasteland, I'd much rather they reprinted it. It's only one use, not some irritating lockdown which can change targets later on... I'm just glad Dustbowl exists (#1 reason why it won't be banned)

H

Hellion

Ban the bloody thing. It's as good as Strip Mine because of it's targeted land ability and it is SO reuseable!

Even though there is Dustbowl to deal with it, along with other LD cards in Standard, who plays LD in a non LD deck and has 4 Dustbowls in a deck to deal with the opponent's 4 Ports?

The metagame now is insane. First it was 4 Masticores now it is 4 Ports. This has to end now and it better end quick.

This is to the DCI: BAN RISHADAN PORT!

You know, this makes a very good voting poll question.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
So I'll move it to the Issues Forum. :D

Let's make the question "Should Rishadan Port be banned?". That will make it our opinions, as a group, instead of idle speculation.

Let's talk about it! :D