Wild research

K

Killerbob

It could be interesting to splash wild research in a parfait-type deck. The discard part is not so dangerous with land tax, and if you have to discard it, you just dig it up with argivian find. It should be possible to splash with land tax. One mountain and maybe one island.

M

Mikeymike

I know I should know this What's parfait?
Stop snickering and pointing fingers at me, that's not nice.

B

BigBlue

Originally posted by Mikeymike
I know I should know this What's parfait?
How many times do I have to tell you! Ogres are like Onions, not cake, not parfait.

I won't point any fingers, I've never heard of a "parfait" deck either.

K

Killerbob

1 year ago I havent heard of parfait either. It´s a mono-white deck, using land tax and scroll rack to gain card-advantage, and "silver bullets" like moat, ivory mask, aura of silence and others (mostly enchantments and artifacts) to gain control.
You can read more at "Beyond Dominia" at

http://www.bdominia.addr.com/discus/messages/9/11382.shtml

M

Mikeymike

I can actually build this deck (except for the Moat and the P9ers), looks solid if not slow.

K

Killerbob

yes, I builded it too (without p9 and moat :) ), and it is extremely slow -slower than blue control! But it´s interesting to play, because it doesnt play itself -you actually have to think (and it beats pox all the time :) )! I havent tryed to splash for wild research though (I splash black for demonic tutor, and splash both black and red seems to much).

M

Mikeymike

Really? I would think with Land Tax you shouldn't have a problem getting the colors you need.

Research is definitely worth a shot a 2R, and all those extra lands make for good random discard fodder. Squee could help too I suppose, he makes for deeper Scroll Rack digs and can be another discard fodder for the Research.

K

Killerbob

with land tax, it´s no problem. The problem is to play the tax, if you go down in white mana. And to play the research when you draw no tax (or it is destroyed). I played both tutor and blood moon before, but felt like it was a little low on white mana, so I took the blood moon out again. Maybe one could replace a wasteland for a mountain.
Anyway, I think Squee is more fun than good. You hardly never want to draw him. He can only be used with research, and even then, you will most probably discard something else. And black discard is not a problem to this deck.