Why must I be a sucker for flavor?

M

mythosx

I don't believe that I could ever be a good tournament player. The reason is that I am a sucker for cool flavored cards. I know deep down that the arcbound creatures are just plain better in every which a way. But I still want to make the old school Chimera's work. dang. They suck. They really do. There are other cards I'm hooked on and I know its bad for me. It's kind of like eating late at night. It's fun until you realize your just screwing yourself. I need a support group.

R

Reverend Love

I like them thar arcbound critters too...but they're just TOO expensive! Yea the mechanic is nifty but they're priced WAY to high...especially anything above 2/2.

BTW You gonna come to the tournament on the 28th?

T

train

There's nothing wrong with good chimera...

along with a side o potatoes, and some A-1 sauce...;)

M

mythosx

I heard a light au jus with some onions should do the trick...Rev, I wanted to, but I just found out I have faculty duties on that day. Ill be in thailand for most of march so im going to try to work out a visit for april. I swear one day I will meet you, and i will get my magic on for once in Japan.

T

train

That would be huge...

I was always torn though - becaus eI loved Lifeline - but had to use Planar void to prevent the dang recusion decks...:rolleyes:

M

mythosx

I always didnt care for life line because of the way it worked. It was like humility and humble to me. Its a game breaking card and is fine if you dont look to closely. I dont like using it cuz when intellegent newbies start asking questions about how it exactly works I cant explain all of it.

M

mythosx

hahaha...its rare but they exist...Kind of like the elusive bigfoot...but they are there.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by mythosx
I don't believe that I could ever be a good tournament player. The reason is that I am a sucker for cool flavored cards. I know deep down that the arcbound creatures are just plain better in every which a way. But I still want to make the old school Chimera's work. dang. They suck. They really do. There are other cards I'm hooked on and I know its bad for me. It's kind of like eating late at night. It's fun until you realize your just screwing yourself. I need a support group.
Dude, I'm the same way with the older cards... and artwork...

So shoot me, I'm in the game for the artwork, gameplay, and the funny flavor lines

Nightstalker Habuki

M

mythosx

dang...ok so we have to flavor junkies....3 more and we have a support group going

T

train

doesn't Nightstalkers already count for the 3 more?...

"He's plural, or singulars, or something...";)

N

Nightstalkers

I dunno what happened to Ex, but Laz is only in it for the artwork and the gameplay.

Cheap bastard can't stand the flavor. Exact quote = "It detracts from the gameplay and wastes space on the card"

Nightstalker Habuki

I

Istanbul

I have over 100 Kezzerdrixes, simply because they're big evil deformed vorpal bunnies, and I think that's awesome.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Shiro, Time Devourer
Aren't there more of you nightstalkers?
More of us, just that they're either plotting to prevent certain organizations from taking over the world, or finding some new way to kill something.

Yeah, and then there's us online guys (Exterra, me, Lazarus, and a few others) that are always on the net instead of watching the security monitors.

Nightstalker Habuki

T

train

I'd rather be on the net than watching security monitors too!...

R

Reverend Love

Dude you missed a great tournament! We handed over 30 packs to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th!....with only 8 people showing up. We also raffled off foil rares and one dude was giving away x4 commons from all the way back to Urza's Saga!...His entire trunk was filled with cards :)

I'm telling you mythosx you need to get down here :)

M

mythosx

Holy Crazzapples... dang save me a seat in April ILL MAKE TIME! Dang. I can't help it. It's graduation season. Nihon is all backwards yo.