Why must I be a sucker for flavor?

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by mythosx, Feb 22, 2004.

1. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I don't believe that I could ever be a good tournament player. The reason is that I am a sucker for cool flavored cards. I know deep down that the arcbound creatures are just plain better in every which a way. But I still want to make the old school Chimera's work. dang. They suck. They really do. There are other cards I'm hooked on and I know its bad for me. It's kind of like eating late at night. It's fun until you realize your just screwing yourself. I need a support group.
  2. Reverend Love New Member

I like them thar arcbound critters too...but they're just TOO expensive! Yea the mechanic is nifty but they're priced WAY to high...especially anything above 2/2.

BTW You gonna come to the tournament on the 28th?
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

There's nothing wrong with good chimera...

along with a side o potatoes, and some A-1 sauce...;)
  4. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I heard a light au jus with some onions should do the trick...Rev, I wanted to, but I just found out I have faculty duties on that day. Ill be in thailand for most of march so im going to try to work out a visit for april. I swear one day I will meet you, and i will get my magic on for once in Japan.
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Chimeras + Lifeline = Big Chimera in multiplayer...
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

That would be huge...

I was always torn though - becaus eI loved Lifeline - but had to use Planar void to prevent the dang recusion decks...:rolleyes:
  7. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I always didnt care for life line because of the way it worked. It was like humility and humble to me. Its a game breaking card and is fine if you dont look to closely. I dont like using it cuz when intellegent newbies start asking questions about how it exactly works I cant explain all of it.
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

What planet are you from?...:p
  9. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

hahaha...its rare but they exist...Kind of like the elusive bigfoot...but they are there.
  10. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Dude, I'm the same way with the older cards... and artwork...

So shoot me, I'm in the game for the artwork, gameplay, and the funny flavor lines

Nightstalker Habuki
  11. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

dang...ok so we have to flavor junkies....3 more and we have a support group going
  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

doesn't Nightstalkers already count for the 3 more?...

"He's plural, or singulars, or something...";)
  13. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I dunno what happened to Ex, but Laz is only in it for the artwork and the gameplay.

Cheap bastard can't stand the flavor. Exact quote = "It detracts from the gameplay and wastes space on the card"

Nightstalker Habuki
  14. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

Aren't there more of you nightstalkers?
  15. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

I have over 100 Kezzerdrixes, simply because they're big evil deformed vorpal bunnies, and I think that's awesome.
  16. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

More of us, just that they're either plotting to prevent certain organizations from taking over the world, or finding some new way to kill something.

Yeah, and then there's us online guys (Exterra, me, Lazarus, and a few others) that are always on the net instead of watching the security monitors.

Nightstalker Habuki
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'd rather be on the net than watching security monitors too!...
  18. Reverend Love New Member

Dude you missed a great tournament! We handed over 30 packs to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th!....with only 8 people showing up. We also raffled off foil rares and one dude was giving away x4 commons from all the way back to Urza's Saga!...His entire trunk was filled with cards :)

I'm telling you mythosx you need to get down here :)
  19. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

Holy Crazzapples... dang save me a seat in April ILL MAKE TIME! Dang. I can't help it. It's graduation season. Nihon is all backwards yo.