Why make trillions when you can make.......Billions?

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

I wanted to make a deck that used the abilities of the pack hunt creatures well. Its got to have only classic, MM and NE. Heres what I was thinking
- 4 Vine trellis
- 4 Llnowar elves
- 4 Saproling cluster
- 4 howling wolf
- 4 skyshroud sentinel
- 4 Nesting wurm
- 4 Collective uncouncius
- 4 Moss Diamond
- 2 Green ramos horn I think
- 4 Stampede drivers
- 3 woodlot
- 4 Land grant
- 3 Havenwood battleground
- 2 Raths edge
- 10 Forest

This is all about getting alot of creatures out then collective ing then getting the driver out and overwhelimng them. What you all think? The sentinals are in there cuz I can just toss em to the cluster. I might cut the nestin wurms for giant growths and invigorates for creature battles. Maybe throw in a pack hunt or 2 for the mana dudes (Wall and elf, oh and the stampeder)
What do YOU think?

M

Mordecai

I'd recommend Skyshroud claim. That way, once you hit 4 mana, you could start generating Wurms on the next turn. It's VERY good for getting a lot of mana fast.

F

FoundationOfRancor

hmmm.......it also thins out my deck (Which this theme does alot of!) I like it. But what should I take out?

T

The Magic Jackal

I think adding in volrath could work. You could chuck all your pack hunt critters to him and then giving him trample with the driver. Adding in some dark rits, and maybe a bog witch or two would produce the 3 black mana needed.

T

The Magic Jackal

Ooooo, it just occured to me, food chain could help, you could play a wurm, sac it to food chain, and play volrath. Next turn discard the other three wurms to volrath and give him trampling. It could work.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Does food chain give you any type of mana? Volrath could be my kill card....

F

FoundationOfRancor

I would really like to make volrath my kill card (REALLY want to!) but the drawback is just way to much. I even splashed black for tutors (that might work, but I dont wanna spend 30$ on vamp tutors. And I still dont know what to take out for the claims!!!

T

The Magic Jackal

The food chain does produce any kind of mana (hey we just boke it, well sort of). I think volrath would be a great kill card. You could easily deal 10+ damage in one turn with trample. I would recommend using tutors (sigh, they are hard find), rits, and a bog witch would work good with a sentenal (it would produce you with the 3 black you need for volrath).

B

BurlyBrute

I've been having great luck with my Pack Hunts in a Squirrel Prison type deck. The creatues I hunt for are the Derranged hermits, Priests of Titiana, and the Elders.
All of these give me resource advantage, creature, mana, and cards respectively. Collective Unconscience lets me draw the cards, Opposition, Snake Basket, or Stroke, that finishes off my oppenent. I've been able to sport an Opposition and 16 Squirrels on turn five (can you say scoop?).

F

FoundationOfRancor

Black (15)
- 4 Vamp tutor
- 2 Volrath
- 4 Stupor
- 4 Parralx Demtia
- 1 Haunted Crossroads
Green
- 2 Saproling Burst
- 4 Saproling Cluster
- 4 Howling Wolf
- 4 Nesting Wurm
- 3 Stampede Drivers
- 4 Vine trellis
- 4 Mana birds
- 3 Twisters
- 3 peat bog
- 3 Woodlot
- 4 Land grant
- 8 swamp
-5 Forest
Good?

T

The Magic Jackal

hmmm... this is what i would do.
-4 stupors
+4 dark rituals
-2 clusters
+2 Crossroads

I wouldn't add in the 4 stupors, mainly because, you can cast a dementia, and lock down 3 cards for 3 turns. The crossroads are a more important pull than the clusters. Your opponent can also use the cluster, and if you had a burst down, that wouldn't be a wise choice since they can just create a token and block.

D

Duel

Sick concept: Food chain, Pandemonoium on table.

You: play wurm,(take other three out of your library). sac it, play one, sac it, play one, sac it, play one. Instant death! Damn!

This'll work with any creature and pack hunt for only 4 extra green! Damn! I gotta get someone to build this one!

T

The Magic Jackal

only 1 problem, Pandemonium isn't in MM,Nemesis, or 6th.

F

FoundationOfRancor

well, I kinda care cuz I want to make this deck only with those sets.

T

The Magic Jackal

you got shot down duel! I'd shoot you again, but i'm a nice guy :) :eek:

[Edited by The Magic Jackal (04-09-2000 at 05:50 PM).]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Not to be mean duel. Im sure you meant fer extended or somethin

F

FoundationOfRancor

Black (17)
- 4 Vamp tutor
- 2 Volrath