Why get rid of banding

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Lord Magnus, Nov 17, 2000.

1. Landkiller CPA Menace

I hope they stop printed trample cards next. And maybe they could do away with flying. That ability bugs me too. ;)
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's not what I'm saying, Isty. I'm saying with a certain degree of confidence that I understand banding NOW and can explain it to someone, and that I understood banding in the past (before '99) and could explain it.

With a rules reference, of course...

Where there is a slight confusion is if banding CHANGED during the introduction of 6th rules, since rkoelsch and I can't remember for certain (I mean, as people have said, who's played with banding?)

Bottom line: Banding is not confusing now since we have access to the current rules.
  3. Nyx New Member

Waiow, thanks Spidey, I had totally missed that ruling. Dang, I'm breaking out some old decks, that two critter requirement was the ONLY drawback to banding in my book. Cool. Thanks again, I don't think I've ever been so happy to be wrong. :)

I recall that the blocking of a wolf banded to a basilisk triggered the basilisk's power. But to be sure someone who posts on MTGNews could ask Ingo Warnke. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to give a definite answer.

If they were'nt in California, I could look through my old rule books and Duelists.
  4. rkoelsch Angel Boy

Issue 10 of the Duelist May 1996 page 41. They talk about blocking effects and mention the thicket basilisk. But the example is Craw Giant banded with a Mesa Pegasus attacking. The opponent blocks the Craw Giant with a Wall of Stone and the Pegasus with a Phantom Monster. The Craw Giant doesn't get its rampage bonus. Now if this wasn't confusing I will eat my hat. 6th really simplified things I think. While looking through back issues I saw an article about the great rules purge of 4th edition.
    While 6th took some adjusting to get use to, I really think it is a much cleaner rules set.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

to explain myself through posting... ;)

Nyx: I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding me, but I agree with you about the Basilisk's effect triggering due to that blocking rule I cited above. I don't have any confusion about it. :)

rkoelsch: We're in agreement about the effect of 6th rules <psst, but hopefully this won't turn into a debate about the pros and the cons; there's lots of old threads for that!> :)