Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I Am Joseph Stalin

• Total voters
F

fuzzy510

....when "Sticky:" is the beginning. It's rather annoying, because I like to see NEW stuff at the very top, not old stuff that's just hanging around.

G

Gerode

Agreed. I don't see a whole lot of point to stickies unless they are very important messages.

T

terzarima

Please!!! Stop doing things like that!!! You're moving things and sticking things, I really don't like it. I saw a couple new posts went in, and boom! I've already read all of the one at top, the site must've not loaded right. What's the point of doing that anyway? And I mean you're using it for pointless things, like tribond. ( I do assume the Sticky: makes it stay at the top) So why are you doing it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
An outcry from the masses...

First, I am pretty sure that I don't move things unless they deserve to be moved, in which case the originator should have posted in the appropriate forum. If they didn't know or were unsure, that's fine, that's why I move it. But blame them, not me... (unless you can point to a post that I shouldn't have moved) :)

Stickys: I hear and I guess I'll take them down. I was doing it more as a favor for those players since I have observed that some "missed" the question and I was hoping that keeping the current question and scores at the top, it'd help them stay on track. But since you guys have a problem with it, I'll take it down (although really, is it so hard to go by the arrow on the side of the post or the little folder with a message icon to tell there's new posts? Geez... :rolleyes:)

D

Daggertooth

Hey, hey, hey, HEY!!!!! Since when did the loud minority control major site decisions?!?! (besides in every political debate in America ;))

3 people don't count as a Majority. I personally like the way the decisions have been going. Making sure this site stays nice and tidy. I'd hate for a battle areana forum ending up in the Off topic.

As for stickys, They are a great way to show everyone the major topic at hand. Sure, If it has lots of responses it will stay at top, but some things are more important.

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's not really a MAJOR site decision. It's really about my use of stickys, which I thought was helpful but some others found annoying (and since no one else said they were helpful, out they go).

ademis threw that "moving stuff around" in; I'm not sure where he got that :confused:

D

Daggertooth

Okay, I guess I need to be the loud minority.

STICKYS WORK!!!!!!!

whew, I think I blew out my vocal cords with that one. :)

Anyway, it's your decision to remove them. It actualy never bothered me. Just showed what was the most important subject at the time.

Daggertooth

F

fuzzy510

So are you disabling the Sticky: things, or are you just promising not to use them?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot disable them; that is for Ed to decide.

I will not use them FOR TRIBOND (unless others happen to speak up and say it's a good idea and outnumber you three).

Other subjects are fair game, to my and the other admins' discretion.

M

Mundungu

You go Spidey.

I find that the boards are run in an excellent manner and that the job of the admins is a great contribution to the succes of those boards.

I find the Sticky feature extremly useful esp. since the number of posts / day makes some interesting posts disappear to quickly.

Not everybody can come here every day to check the boards.

Nevertheless, the attribution of the sticky attribute should be granted after objective consideration.

F

fuzzy510

I wasn't saying that I wanted them gone, I was just asking.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your first post specifically says "It's rather annoying..." you're not implying, you're explicit :)

T

terzarima

*Raises hand

Ademis said it'was annoying, blame me!!! Me!!!! But yes, I realize now my other post was kind of rude, but my point is clear. I just find the things pointless (Cause they pretty much are), because if there is a pressing topic, it should stay at the top anyway because everyone wants to post on it. MY feelings anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
in this thread, only fuzzy has specifically said "it was annoying". Don't MAKE me quote the first post :)

That's the point of the poll in General Gaming; because the Tribond question is locked to prevent people from answering in it, it falls pretty fast and is not kept on people's radar.

I still don't understand how "hard" it is to go by the little envelopes next to threads that have new posts :confused:

F

fuzzy510

70% of the CPA is Joseph Stalin!

Seriously, the stickies are fine for the questions. Just not anything else.....