Who wants to be a radio star?

A

Apollo

My friend has a radio show at Purdue University, and they are rather desperate for people to call in. They're on friday from 10-12 (you can listen by going to their site here: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~emosley/evananderik.htm and clicking "listen in"). Anyway, if you've got a free moment, and it's still friday evening, CALL THEM! The more random you are, the better--or, you could just request a song or something. The number is: (765) 494-2275. And hey, you'll be on the radio! Help me out, willya?

(Tell them Apollo or Eric sent you.)

S

Svenmonkey

I listened for a bit and I've been permanently scarred. :eek:

A

Apollo

Lol, yeah, they're not that great. But perhaps if you called, they would be better because of your beautiful voice. :D

S

Svenmonkey

I mustn't call in, though, for mommy told me not to talk to strangers.

A

Apollo

They aren't strangers! They're friends of your good buddy Apollo! That's not strangers at all!

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm... long distance from Oregon to Ohio??? should we?

lets see, do they have all of the latest songs? how about the not so popular from the internet?

A

Apollo

They have all kinds of stuff, pretty much at random. It's a very eclectic CD collection... and if you just call for a few minutes, it won't cost much of anything.

Killer Joe

Hey Apollo, Purdue's got a fanastic Marching Band Drum Line! I have a CD that they cut last year. A student I know is auditioning this spring for them.
I'll check out the site, maybe I'll share the 12 yr. old story with them......nah, just kidding!

btw, this is Yellowjacket, I can't seem to post under my "YJ" name. What should I do?

N

Nightstalkers

Do they have like really super heavy metal??? ICP or anything like that??? Korn!?!?!?

and it does cost us alittle if we are calling from the UK.

A

Apollo

I thought you said you were from Oregon? And yes, I'm sure they have heavy metal... korn at least. I know they were playing System of a Down yesterday, and neither of those bands are too far of a leap from that.

YJ, my friend already knows the story, but I'm sure he'd love to make fun of me on the air. :p But please, if you get a chance next friday, do give them a call, and maybe they'll even have Purdue's band on CD in the studio. :)

N

Nightstalkers

if they have system of a down and korn... do they have anything by me, er, Tomas Diablo???

and why should I call from Indiana to a small folk university radio station? will they put me on the air so that I can make fun of you

S

Svenmonkey

Apparently the Nightstalkers are so many in number that they cover the globe.

A

Apollo

Apparently they are. And yes, they'll put you on the air and you can make fun of me all you like. Heck, they do it on their own anyway. :p

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

What is the length cap on the songs they will play?

N

Nightstalkers

sounds interesting... we'll call from atlanta before this unit moves.

A

Apollo

TICM: I don't know... if they have it, they'll play some of it, at least.