Who Knows Too Much About Flavor Text?

D

Darsh

Thing is that you can't look it up because I made the card! MWAHAHAHA!!!!

C

Cateran Emperor

"I don't have time for you right now." - Exclude

"Wings are but fins for swimming the sky." - Shimmering Wings

"We had years to prepare, while they had mere minutes." - No Mercy

"GOTCHA!" - Burnout? (some name like that which counters blue interrupts and damages the caster of the blue int)

Now as for Darsh, [me]smashes Darsh over the head for that one[/me]

Z

Zadok001

Ya, Duel is absolutely unbelievable when it comes to memorization of flavor text. He got 'Da sordidi refiuti, in recessi ombrosi, funghi nascono da felci e fiori' in just a few minutes. (That's the Italian flavor text he was talking about, good luck figuring it out. Hint: It's a prominent card, and I've mentioned owning an Italian copy of it before.)

Other wonderful quiz texts are:

"As the invasion grew closer, Urza's means began to resemble Phyrexia's end."

"Ash is our air, darkness our flesh."

"While most overworlders fortunately don't realize this, Gargoyles can be most delicious, providing you have the appropriate tools to carve them. -- The Underworld Cookbook" (There's also a name given for the author of the Cookbook, but I can't read it- mine is signed, and the artist's name covers it up somewhat. Can anyone give me that name so I can write it down for the record?)

"Illusion steals reality from the unwise."

"A snake in the grasp."

"Even the putrid muscles of the dead can provide strength to those loathsome enough to consume them."

On a related note, does anyone else miss the old flavor text, where most of it wasn't quoted from some character? I want more of that; the plot is beginning to wear on me...

C

Cateran Emperor

Worry not Cap'n Zadok, Apocalypse is the END of the current storyline. That's it. No more Gerrard, no more Urza, no more Yawgie bear, no more Phyrexians, no more Teferi, no more ANYBODY. They seem to be going to a whole new plane, actually leaving Dominaria altogether. Hmm, I wonder how the Invasion does end in that case...

D

Duel

I'm answering Zadok's so if you don't want to see, don't look.

"As the invasion grew closer, Urza's means began to resemble Phyrexia's end."
Extruder

"Ash is our air, darkness our flesh."
Lurking Evil (good one, almost had me)

"While most overworlders fortunately don't realize this, Gargoyles can be most delicious, providing you have the appropriate tools to carve them. -- The Underworld Cookbook Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar"
Granite Gargoyle, though I used apprentice to get the spelling of the name.......

"Illusion steals reality from the unwise."
Aura thief

"A snake in the grasp."
Chimeric staff (Love this one)

"Even the putrid muscles of the dead can provide strength to those loathsome enough to consume them."
Eater of the Dead (you should know better than to try this one. You HAVE like 9 of them)

F

fuzzy510

I see that my most recent choice for flavor text didn't prove to be difficult. In the spirit of Halloween, I chose Poultrygeist. Here are the standings:

theorgg 4
Erinpuff 4
Darsh 4
Bob 3
dw51688 3
Volradon 1
Duel 1
Elrond 1

Here's the next one, worth 2 points:

"Hmmm-midnight snack."

Please PM the answer to me (don't post it). I'll be back by 4:00 PM EST tomorrow! Happy Halloween!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The card that I posted in Italian was the ITALIAN TRANSLATION of the card you just posted! Literally!

And how is posting the flavor text for Kavu Furens by looking it up cheating? It would be different if I had answered by looking it up.

N

Namielus

Namielus is standing a few feet away from the podium whispering to Spiderman, about what an "A**hole" duel is, but not knowing the microphone is picking up the conversation and broadcasting it all over the place.

BTW since I'm so busy this is gonna be the only time I get to post today, so this is it for my holloween post.

T

terzarima

Nodnard: So very close but no, the actual flavor text was from Dragon engine