who is your favorite professional magic player?

C

chris92

well mine's paul mccabe. his 97 counterburn deck is one of my all-time favorite decks.

Killer Joe

Alright, I'll bite.

Michelle Bush - She was a med student in the Boston area a while back and used to write for Star City (I Think). She's either the inventor of the "Trix" deck or the reason why some key cards got banned like Dark Ritual and Mana Vault.

Johnny "Friggin" Rizzo (Okay, so he's NOT a professional tourney player, but one helluva <onik>ing good writer and funny, too.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I only remember the "first generation" pros, so it's probably not too valid, but I thought Ollie Rade and Shawn "Hammer" Reginer(?) were noteworthy.

R

Reverend Love

Hammer who won with a creatureless grind deck in a pro tourney waaay back in the day.

O

orgg

Jamie C. Wakefield, the King of the Fatties.

Really, there are none higher in quality of wrighting or in style.

A

Almindhra

How about Mike Long?....I like how tall I feel when standing next to him....

T

train

nice point Mindy...

He looks kind of cute between the thumb and pinkie finger...;)

M

Mr_Pestilence

Tops - Jamie Wakefield, a (former) pro that casual types can be proud of.

Other faves:

Olle Rade is very gracious, as is "Hammer" Reigner (he signed my Hammers of Bogardan, is that cool or what?).

Sol Malka is the least egotistical player you'll ever meet, as well as the best judge when it comes to explaining things.

Zvi is a real nerd, but can be quite funny to watch (It really is true, pros get mana-screwed, too).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is Oscar a pro? I think he sticks to Type 1 and with a couple exceptions, usually the Pro Tour is Type 2.

R

Rooser

Yeah that's why I went with the double smiley.

See?

He's not a pro, I was just fooling around. And I think if Type 1 was on the pro tour, he'd probably be a part of it.

I

Istanbul

I have no favorite pro players.

Generally speaking, you don't get to pro standing unless you learn how to cheat properly.

And that makes me sick.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Almindhra
How about Mike Long?....I like how tall I feel when standing next to him....
Right about now, I'd have to also say Mike Long, but for much different reasons. Call it the past coming back for a big bite, but if I saw the guy in person right now I'd give him a big hug and say:

"I forgive you!"

And just walk away, leaving him to wonder just what the hell that was just about.