Who Am I? Week 4 Answers and Results

B

Baskil

This week's answer was: Chevy Chase

"Day 1 Clue: I'm very choosy when it comes to what I will work on. I once even turned down the lead role in a movie that went on to win five Academy Awards. "

Reportedly, he turned down the lead to American Beauty. That movie went on to win five academy awards with Kevin Spacey in the role. Sometimes, things have a way of working out (see also: Tom Selleck turning down Indiana Jones)

"Day 2 Clue: My most famous character once said (edited for content): "Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d***less, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is! Hallelujah!""

Gotta love this quote, said in one breath by Chase's character in Christmas Vacation.

"Day 3 Clue: Pat Sajak and Dennis Miller laugh at me when I talk about the success of my talk show."

Of course talking about his unsuccessful late night talk show which bombed after just a couple of episodes.

"Day 4 Clue: According to the rumors, Kevin Smith and Ben Afflek are attached to a sequel to my biggest cult hit."

I hope I didn't mislead you here. The cult hit I'm talking about is Fletch. Kevin Smith is attached to a sequel, with Jason Lee, not Ben Afflek, also attached. Afflek was only a rumor.

"Day 5 Clue: I'm probably most famous for being an original member of SNL."

Duh :)

Scores:
Ericbess - 16
Chaos Turtle - 13
Sammy Dead-O - 10
Melkor - 4
Spiderman - 0
Apollo - 0
Gerode - 0
Turd Cutter - 0