Whither MTGnews?

M

Mr_Pestilence

Does anybody have any info on mtgnews? There hasn't been an update in nearly 2 weeks, the quality of the posts has gone right in the toilet (where most of them belong), and now I can't access the site.

Has it finally bitten the dust?

D

Daggertooth

But that was before Planeshift was out. Then it seemed that he came back then dissapeared. I can still access the site though.

The condition of mtgnews is rather sad. It used to be great. in fact I heard of the CPA through YellowJacket over there. If DG is still sick I hope he gets better.

Daggertooth

Z

Zadok001

I've been tempted to put up a "Come to the CPA" thread, but I'm scared of attracting spammers, so I haven't touched it. And since 90% of their population seems to be spammers...

I think the worst was a deck thread... It went like this:

Post 1: Decklist
Post 2: Logical commentary
Post 3: The lyrics to a song from South Park
Post 4: "If you think that was spam then **** you."
Post 5: "If you think that was spam then **** you."

Etc...

Then there was the guy who put his name down as the phrase "MIGHTY HIPPO" repeated several thousand times (so it was about 30 pages long), and then posted "I hate spammers" another several thousand times, making for the longest single post in the history of the world.

Ouch. Poor MtgNews. If DG comes back, I'll offer my services as a Moderator, assuming it can be done...

D

DÛke

...DG wont reply. I offered being a moderator, but he just doesn't reply. I luved MTGnews, and I would do anything to help it live (longer), but there's nothing there anymore. Nothing. You should see some of these people up there...if they're people that is.

...Zadok, DON'T put a "Come to the CPA" thread...heck don't mention the CPA to anyone up there. It will for sure attract spammers, like you said...and that is such a bad thing...

M

mogg bomber

Well, they're back now, with lots of updates and a new design coming soon. That's sort of strange, the same night we get posts here wondering what happened the site comes back.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i don't know about the rest of you, but i don't know how DG can take all that, excuse me, bitching from those "people", all they ever do is complain, if you hate the game so much stop playing it