White Knight is in Legions

R

rkoelsch

I can't imagine that they would print white knight without printing black knight. but stranger thing have happened.

J

Jigglypuff

Doesn't the set arrive in stores on February 4th? I can't imagine that there would be a full spoiler out until a few days before the pre-release, around the same time that the FAQ would come out. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Knight doesn't make it in the set. After all, they only reprinted one of the white cycling disciples from Urza's Saga.

(- Steve -)

T

train

I thought spoilers - not WOTC - wer out well in advanc eof the prerelease...

Hmmm... I remember having the odyssey one a full week before we traveled to Albuquerque and being told it had been out for a while...:rolleyes:

C

Captain Caveman

?
Didn't Mark say something about spoilers in his column. Even
though they can not keep them from coming out they were going
to make it hard on any site that put one up. That may not what
he said but I think it was something like that.

C

Captain Caveman

I found it.

Check out "The leak that was" under Marks column.

magicthegathering.com

T

train

Okay - I got it...

I thought they were going to legally be doing something about leaks... That would really peek some interest to see Card names tossed around in a court room...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Jigglypuff
And I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Knight doesn't make it in the set. After all, they only reprinted one of the white cycling disciples from Urza's Saga.

(- Steve -)
Yeah, but they printed a black one to "match" it.

I

Istanbul

Black Knight will not be reprinted.
Why?
Protection and first strike simply aren't very black abilities anymore. Both on one creature...good luck.

And yes, the resident Knight collector is salivating over the return of White Knight.

E

EricBess

I agree with Istanbul. I would be surprised to see Black Knight. But I don't really agree completely with the reasoning.

Pro:White? They printed Disciple of Malace.
First Strike? They are reprinting Necrataal in 8th edition.

But, as Isty points out, the the combination on one card?

Even more important to me, however, is that the power level of the card just don't seem right for black. White is the color of weenie creatures and Black Knight is just seems a bit too powerful for the low casting cost of a black creature.

(And before anyone starts screaming Nantuko Shade, at least that requires an ongoing mana commitment, which is fully in flavor for black :D)

N

Nightstalkers

Holy White Knight!!!

what a deal. another card art to add to the collection as well as a stupid uncommon to the pile

what a beautiful set this legions will be :)