White Deck

J

Judecca

I do pretty well with this deck, I try to stay away from rebels though. Suggestions needed

4 Tethered Griffin
4 Mother of Runes
2 Knight of Dawn
2 Treasure Hunter
1 Archangel

2 Glorious Anthem
2 Catostrophe
2 Arrest
4 Capashen Standard
4 Flickering Ward

4 Bottle Gnomes
4 Tangle wire
2 Thran Dynamo
1 Flowstone Sculptore

17 Plains
3 Forbiding Watchtower

D

Duel

Nice, I approve of the deck.
you may want:
Soltari Visionary
Disenchant
Reconnaisance (GREAT CARD!)
Story Circle (2, at least!)

T

Thrash Golem

Hey, check it out, im a 12 year old wanna be tourny player

i think u should add 4 ports 4 cores 4 morphlings 4 powder kegs 4 sap bursts 4 lin sivvis 4 black lotus 4 time walk

but other then that its ok

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't have something constructive to offer, don't bother posting. Geez, what a simple rule... :rolleyes:

D

Duel

Yeah, I agree. Thrash, I happen to like this deck. And you've formed the tendency to begin to trash other people and not offer constructive comments. Please stop it, man.

R

rkoelsch

I think you need more stand alone enchantments. Believe me I made a griffin deck and it was bad when you have griffins and enchant creatures in your hand and no creatures in play.
I am pretty sure you cannot play a griffin and in response enchant it. I too like reconnaise and also defensive formation(banding to defend) both are 1cc enchantments. I hate to harp on it but the deck begs for enlightened tutor.
but I am partial. I love that card.

D

Duel

I knew I forgot something!
Enlightened tutor! Right.

Also, you may want, of course, crusade. Because if they play white, you still have the advantage, with two glorious anthems.

R

rakso

The Tangle Wire is a nice tough in White Weenie... something that hasn't generally been tried yet.

Adding this card which is incredible in the early game against a lot of decks sort of implies that your deck should be fast enough to take advantage. :)

Thus, you should get cheaper creatures like the usual 2-mana knights or Savannah Lions or Icatian Javelineers or something. You may even want to remove Mother of Runes as it slows the deck down. Look at the rest... Bottle Gnomes is not something you want to play with Tangle Wire, in general, and you may have to wait a while for Griffin despite it's casting cost. Even the Watchtowers slow you down in the early game, and Thran Dynamo helps very few of the cards.

The creature enchantments will probably be better off as more creatures since you just don't have that many and you probably want to maximize your Anthems. Catastrophe is better off as the ordinary Armageddon for the reduced cost, or you may want to get Balance.

You have a number of rares, but the card you're missing the most is Swords to Plowshares.

D

Densmore

id like to start off by saying that i like the deck, tethered griffs are some beats under the right conditions.

looking at the deck im thinkin of worship working good,with mother of runes+ pariah action going on in the background.
to make sure nobody gets scared and does something rash like tranquilty some fountain watchs might work nice .
aight,lemme show what id build :

4 tethered griffs
4 mothers o` runes
4 auratog
4 llanowar elves
2 endless wurm
2 archangel

4 enlightened tutors
2 sylvan librarys
4 land taxes
3 worship
2 pariah
4 rancor
2 crop rotation

3 serra`s sanctum
8 forests
9 plains

messing with a mono-colored deck works good but why not splash?
Blue has soothsaying,telepathy , arcane labs, browse, and somehow rising waters could work.
Green could also work,esp. if you can get the endless wurm thing going.
some sylvan librarys,some abundances,rancors for beatdown, greater good, defense of the heart.
paralax stuff would work too.
too many options,but if you fid something that works well you`ll end up with a winner

M

Mundungu

4 land tax might be too many.
2 is usually nice.

Serra's blessing is a neat addition too (run maybe only 1)

For multi player definitly soltary visionary (SB in single play)

I would run only 2 griffith, and 2 savannah lions (or toundra wolves for limited budgets).

Run a couple of sword to ploshare if you have some.

White is my favorite color so I could go on and on. I had posted a deck not long time ago check it out, it was for a 1,5 tournament.

J

Judecca

Thanks for all your comments, Ive played with this deck several times, but I do need some sort of card drawing in here. And id like to add some more 1 casting cost creatures. Any more Suggestions?

J

Judecca

Ive won a ton of times with this deck, with the tethered Griffins. By getting a 1st turn Mother of Runes out, 2nd turn enchanting it and playing the Griffin. Then 3rd turn tangle wire to slow them down. The I beat down with my Griffins or the Sculptor because later in the game, when Im drawing a bunch of usless mana I dont need Ill just make the sculptor something big. Ive won a few tournaments with this deck but it still needs some work.
Id also like to keep it pure white please
Thanks!