Which is Better: Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, or Playstation 3?

D

DarthFerret

I have a Wii I dont play, and friends of mine have both Xbox and P3. The P3 online network is free, the Xbox Live is kinda free (have to pay for the gold account).

So I am going with Xbox (due to choices of games)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Don't have a PS3, but definitely prefer my 360 over the Wii. I think Wii's more for casual gamers, who just want to be able to pick up a control and have fun. I prefer games that are a bit more involved and challenging, though having the Wii is nice because my wife enjoys their games better, so we can play together, which we almost never do on the XBox.

R

rokapoke

I enjoy my Wii and have no interest in an XBox or PS3. But I was always more of a computer gamer anyway. I'm looking forward to Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nintendo 64. Okay, seriously...

I don't have any of them. I do have a DS Lite, which I like. My old computer is only suitable for old games, which I've played quite a bit. My new computer is finally fully functional after three months, so next week I plan to get a mouse for it, which would allow me to actually play games (touchpad is too tricky for that). I guess, like Rokapoke, I'm more of a computer gamer. I've probably been playing Diablo II more than is healthy.

From my very limited experience, I'd say PS3. The one I've played the most is XBox 360 because I played Oblivion on my brother's console. I think it was only the day before yesterday, I mentioned that I would probably buy Oblivion and play it on my computer and my brother noted that he'd actually gone through two XBox 360's and had just bought a PS3. He said that he didn't know anyone who had ever had a PS2 stop working. For that matter, neither of us could think of anyone who had had one of the old Playstations stop working either. I'm sure it's happened to someone with any of the three generations of Sony consoles, but it's uncommon enough that I don't remember any complaints about it, whereas the XBox and the XBox 360 have laughable track records in that regard.

The only game I can remember playing on Wii was the new Super Smash Bros. and I very much preferred the Gamecube version.

E

EricBess

I don't know if I would say "serious" vs. "casual", because I think it really depends more on the style of gaming that you like. If you are into sports games or first person shooters, then the Wii is probably not the system for you as the others do that better. But IMO, there is a lot more variety of fun and interesting games on the wii, particularly if you want to sit down with 4 people in one place.

Also - wii games tend to be more family friendly.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What are they????

Well, seriously, the last game I played was Sonic Pinball about 16 years ago....

D

DarthFerret

btw, this was so wierd. So i go over to a buddies house today to play with is P3 he has had for 1 month. I get there and his hard drive is corrupted. He had to take it back to the store and exchange it todya.

R

rokapoke

DarthFerret;290355 said:
btw, this was so wierd. So i go over to a buddies house today to play with is P3 he has had for 1 month. I get there and his hard drive is corrupted. He had to take it back to the store and exchange it todya.
Did you tell him that The Tentacled One jinxed it?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EricBess;290336 said:
Mooseman - you mean "Sonic Spinball"? Sega Genesis? :D
Ok, after almost 20 years I'm supposed to remember the name of the game?
I did used to play ski or die on the old Nintendo.... that game was fun...