Which is Better: Marvel or DC

T

train

I'm a marvel fan... :cool:

not much in DC for me except maybe Batman...:rolleyes:

E

EricBess

DC has more "iconic" characters, but Marvel's characters are more "human" in that they have more realistic flaws and people can relate better. Classic example is Batman vs. Spiderman. Both wear a mask to go out and fight evil, but as their alter ego, how many of us are multi-millionares that could self-fund like Batman does?

I think historically, marvel is also better about much of the stories centering around the people more than just the "action". I can't really think of an equivalent, for example, of X-mansion, where many many pages are spent with the interaction of the heroes when they are just being themselves and not trying to save the world. I'm not a huge follower of JLA, but when I think of their HQ, I think more about mission briefings than interacting with each other.

R

rokapoke

I was always a Marvel guy as a kid buying comics. Then Image started up and I followed Todd McFarlane. But now, as I've just recently started to get back into comics, I'm more into the graphic novels (e.g. Sandman), which seem to lean more towards DC.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Marvel all the way for me. Of course my alias, but I love the Avengers and FF and just got into their stories more. Their universe seems much bigger and seems to have a wider variety of heros and conflicts than DC (at least, when I read them).

T

train

I jumped on the image band wagon for a while... Had all the comics, all special versions of each, etc. Even thought the 0 and 1/2 numbered comics was a cool concept...

In the end - it was all back to Marvel...

The most I liked in dark-horse were the Alien series... v. Predator, Terminator, Hive, etc.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I actually only said Dark Horse to fulfill Turgy's expectations of me. I have liked some Dark Horse stuff, but most of it I'm unfamiliar with.

In actuality, I wouldn't like to choose between these two. I guess I should say Marvel, but DC has Batman...

T

train

So it seems Oversoul still didn't state - unless he went with the Dark Knight...

@Oversoul - are you more Image, Dark Horse, Valiant or other independent?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Marvel was much better than DC. But there were some DC that was cool.... the off stuff, not the iconic ones like Batman or SM.
Dark Horse, Image, etc. had some goos stuff but I lost interst in it quicker than Marvel...
Have to say that I don't read any now...... But I still have my collection from the 60's, 70's and 80's.........

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
train;290000 said:
So it seems Oversoul still didn't state - unless he went with the Dark Knight...

@Oversoul - are you more Image, Dark Horse, Valiant or other independent?
I can't remember ever bothering to get into anything from Image, even though some of their stuff looks cool. I can't recall ever reading anything from Valiant.

Really though, I guess I'm more into some individual works than any entire company. Marvel definitely has more of my favorites than anyone else does.

T

train

My daughters are big on the independent - namely any anime publications...

T

train

Some older, but more recent comics, some manga...

Sailor Moon - only a little...
Inuyasha... (I'm trying to help the youngest collect the few of these that were published...)
Deathnote...
Naruto...
Bleach...

D

DarthFerret

Easy Answer for me: Marvel. I tired DC, and detective stories do not do it for me (I know they do more now..but still), I tried image, and found story lines a bit weak. Marvel has its good points and bad points as well, however, overall Marvel has held my interest longer (plus my favorite Comic Character is Venom ... sorry Spidey)