Which is better: Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by train, Feb 23, 2010.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm a Dunkin fan...

:cool:
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Krispy Kreme! Love that sugary glaze...
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Either one, really. This is a case where both have their advantages...
  4. turgy22 Nothing Special

I prefer Dunkin Donuts. I never understood the Krispy Kreme craze that built up a few years ago. Their donuts are fine and all, but nothing special.

I must say that my favorite donuts now are the ones they make at the bakery in Giant. They have peanut butter cream-filled donuts with chocolate frosting that are better than any other donuts I've had.
  5. EricBess Active Member

I'm a big fan of how Krispy Kreme just sort of melt in your mouth. But doughnuts are expensive enough that if I have to buy them myself, I'd probably just go to Albertsons or something. I think I've had Dunkin Donuts maybe once in the past year and I remember it being a decent donut, but nothing spectacular.

Honestly, though, I think Dunkin is more traditional. Krispy Kremes are shaped like donuts...
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Huh? Both are round with holes in the middle... :confused:
  7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I am not a fan of Kirspy Kreme.... I don't like all the glaze that hardens to a candy like film and then breaks, falls off and gets everywhere.....
    Dunkin is good, but the Oakmont Bakery is the best...... Only KJ will get that one.
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

@spidey - traditional as in "evening gown" vs. "leather mini-skirt"... (but really I was kind of lost too...) :eek:

Oakmont Bakery huh? See here: http://www.oakmontbakery.com/ They look really upscale for a donut shop - but I guess they are a bit more with Bakery in the name huh... (note to self - at times, think before writing...)
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Cool... I didn't know they had a website. I live very close to this, could walk there... well, I could!

A friend of mine doesn't like Dunkin anymore, he said they changed their recipe to not have butter or lard or something in it and the donuts aren't as good......
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Heh, healthy donuts!

That glaze on the Krispy Kreme's is the best, I love it, crumbs and all...
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

The only krispy kremes I like are the chocolate cake and the blueberry cake(I think it's blueberry)...

But the rest is pure Dunkin' greatness!...
  12. EricBess Active Member

So are bagels :D
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Indeed. But your statement

is a bit confusing. Dunkin is more "traditional" to what? How donuts are shaped? Because you next describe KK as shaped like donuts, meaning Dunkin and "traditional" are not... :confused:
  14. EricBess Active Member

I meant whatever dough they use the make the donuts. Krispy Kremes sort of melt in your mouth, so I don't know what it is, but they don't seem to be the same ingredients as what I consider more traditional glazed donuts.

I guess my point was that Krispy Kremes are shaped like donuts... but are made with a different dough or a different process, or something.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think it's just the sugary glaze. Take that away and they won't melt in your mouth :)
  16. train The Wildcard!!!...

Now I understand... Yeah - there's not much "filling" someone up on KKs... you can eat like 3 to 1 dunkin... IMO...

"That's why they sell so many... It takes 3 dozen KK donuts to get 1 dozen real donuts..."
  17. TomB Administrative Assistant

They're both good the first day, but DD's turn into hockey pucks on day 2 while KK's stay fresh and moist. They must put preservatives in them or something to keep them that way.

Mmmmm...preservatives...:p
  18. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Better donuts through chemistry?
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

it did give us twinkies! (well, you know...)
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Twinkies predate the big bang.......