Which is better (drinks): Starbucks or Other

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by train, Mar 1, 2010.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

I have to go with other - in particular, just general mom and pop shops that enjoy the product they provide the consumers...
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What kind of drinks? That's kind of open-ended...

I would have said Starbucks only because I have a rewards card, but I just closed that account. So really, it depends what I'm looking for...
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

Well - I was talking about any of the coffe drinks, gourmet sodas, etc. Though I have a liking of Frappucinos - not much else does it for me there...

and you closed a rewards card? aren't those free - or was this a "credit card with rewards"?
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I like their mocha... my wife likes their signature hot chocolate.

I closed it because otherwise they were going to do it for me... based on a credit review, apparently...
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

If I did like Starbucks at all, I would be very fortunate to live where I do: all the jokes about Starbucks across from Starbucks and Starbucks next to Starbucks and such seem to be based on my entire county. I guess that's not surprising, because they're based in Seattle. But we also have an abundance of other coffee joints too. Coffee is basically the religion here. I feel left out, really, but I can't even stand the smell of the stuff. Oh well.

I guess that's an other?
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

Gotcha... I was thinking it was just a free rewards card and not something something tied to actual credit lines...

Their hot chocolate was ok - seemed too rich for me...
  7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I would walk 10 miles to find coffee instead of going to Starschmucks....... now who did that bit..... oh yeah Foamy the Squirrel..... go Foamster