Which card is better?

H

Hellion

Card Name: Barbarian Ring
Card Color: Land
Type & Class: Land
Card Text: Tap: Add R to your mana pool. Barbarian Ring deals 1 damage to you. Threshold - R, Tap, Sacrifice Barbarian Ring: Barbarian Ring deals 2 damage to target creature or player. (Play this ability only if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)

Card Title: Rath's Edge
Card Color: Land
Type & Class: Legendary Land
Card Text: Tap: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
4, Tap, Sacrifice a land: Rath's Edge deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Which card is better? I prefer Rath's Edge because it is reuseable and it uses colorless mana....but the 1 less damage could be a deciding factor too kill a 2/2 or a 1/1 pro red creature.....but too me, a reuseable 1 colorless damage every turn is too good to pass up.

What do u think?

P

Purple_jester

Both lands produce colorless damage. But Rath's Edge has the singular reusable advantage, and requires colorless mana to inflict its damage. The other land requires red mana for a one-shot Shock, and its standard mana production hurts you to boot.

Besides, you can put Rath's Edge in ANY deck.

Of course, it's not gonna be Type 2 legal for very long. But then again, I don't play with formats in mind. ;)

G

Gizmo

Barbarian Ring. There are x-million 2/2 creatures that dont give a fig about Raths Edge.

M

Multani

I think that they're both pretty much the same.
Rath's edge, while reusable has a hefty activation cost, and asks you to sack a land.
On top of that, it's Legendary, which means you can have only 1 out at a time.
Barbarian Ring, on the other had is not Legendary, and on top of that, it deals 2 damage, and has a mere cost of only R and you have to sack it. True it's not reusable, but it's much more efficent then Rath's Edge. Also, the R for 1 damage is negilable. It'll take 20 uses to kill you, and red usually leads in life total most of the time anyway.
This is like comparing a G for 2/2 or 1G for 3/3

So, Barbarian ring is slightly better then Rath's Edge, though not by much. Personally, I'd rather use Masticore. :D

C

Chaos Turtle

It kills bigger dudes (um, Voice of All?) and with the graveyard manipulation these days (come November that is) you shouldn't have any trouble re-using it if you have to.

Gosh, just two of them can take out the lovely Iridescent Angel!
Just try that with Rath's Edge. The Edge was only good because there just wasn't anything better (like Cursed Scroll).

G

Goku

I'd definitely say Barbarian Ring... even though it is one-shot, better losing that for two then losing another land for one...

And I like the point about Irradescent Angel.

Z

Zadok001

RING. The only problem is that it can only fit in decks with a fairly heavy commitment to red. But that's ok, because it's 2 points of colorless damage. Very, very strong.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Barbarian Ring is the obvious choice...HAVE YOU SEEN THE ACTIVATION COST FOR RATH'S EDGE??
And you sac a creature!

Rath's edge is simply bad...barbarian ring is highly playable!

T.J. :p

D

Dune Echo

I love it personally, it's what I've been waiting for. It completely beats the pants of Aeolipile and works in 5-Color Magic just fine.