Where can I find good CPAs to Hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genemployment

I'm a beginner, and I could use all the help in the world.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The CPA here actually stands for Casual Players Alliance for the card game Magic: The Gathering. It's not an accounting site.

N

Notepad

45-65? As in that man cents per day!?! :eek:

Where do I sign up!?!!?!????!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spidey has it right...dude, the CPA ain't accountants.

Except my cat. He always knows how many turds are in the litterbox, and gets mad when I "sink his market" by cleaning the dang thing.

Wanna hire my cat? I'll be glad to take his 65 cents on behalf of his work.

T

train

Well here's a legitimate question:

Do you, genemployment, play Magic?...

And as for the Maryland thing - I should be up there in about a year and my wife will be accounting... don't know if she's going CPA or not - but if you still need one then she may be glad to contact you...:)

H

Hetemti

Well, I'm studying Financial Accounting right now, if that helps.

N

Nightstalkers

Sounds interesting.... if only this gig with the nightstalkers wasnt' so good, I might actually think of hiring on.

but what do I do about all these comrades here? id be skinned alive if i took any secrets out of the building.

Nightstalker Habuki

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by SeFRo
Except my cat. He always knows how many turds are in the litterbox, and gets mad when I "sink his market" by cleaning the dang thing.

Wanna hire my cat? I'll be glad to take his 65 cents on behalf of his work.
Too damn funny. :)

B

BigBlue

This is the Second Funniest thing I've seen all week...

The first funniest is a bit of a long story (you probably had to be there - it was a real life experience which took place in several conversations)...

I was helping our Accounts Control Supervisor put her office together. We had to have a locksmith break into a file cabinet which the key'd been broken off into. He notices a slim jim and asks her why she has one to which she replies she's a "repo woman" and points out that she actually has 2. For those who don't know, a slim jim is a thin piece of metal you slide between the glass and the door to unlock a car door without the key (like when you lock your keys in it - or you are stealing (reposessing) a car.)

Afterwards I look at the slim jim, and she says the other one doesn't work very well, I look at it and it's kind of poorly made - too thick.

So about a half hour later she asks me to help her get her file folders in her drawer - they don't fit both sides. I point out that one of the dividers is missing - and she says, "Oh, that's what this is." Pointing out that is what the "poor" slim jim really is. Then she recalls having loaned it out as a slim jim to her boss who complained how poor it was having taken him a long time to get into a car with...

You probably had to be there to get the full effect, but that was too darn funny. :D

Now we have Accountants looking for CPA's on the CPA Message Boards... So, they went through the process of registering - and setting up a signature thinking this was an accountants website... good lord that is funny. Add to that the fact that he's had a few accountant hits here it even get's funnier.

SeFro:

My cat keeps an accounting of them as well... when there's too many I find presents around the house...

H

Hetemti

] Now we have Accountants looking for CPA's on the CPA Message Boards

Not the first time, either. Happened a while back, I remember.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It did, it did. We probably get hit a lot but I suppose the front page stuff usually tells them what's going on. Maybe this guy just went straight for the forums or something...

N

Nightstalkers

lol, I could always bring over the NS message boards personal ads. You'd get a kick out of that.

Nightstalker Habuki

M

mythosx

You know what the front page needs? A nice picture of a dragon or something huge like that. That way people will stop and ask themselves, ' what does a dragon have to do with certified public accounting?'

S

Svenmonkey

But then they'd think, "The dragon's probably there because accounting is so hip and slick and exciting." :p / :eek:

N

Nightstalkers

The dragon could also be misinterpreted as a logo or something.

Nightstalker Habuki

N

Notepad

Originally posted by BigBlue
My cat keeps an accounting of them as well... when there's too many I find presents around the house...
\

That is not accounting; that is a new paradigm of business strategy. You see, your savvy cat is exploring multilateral market expansion.

Mine would do that, too, but I taught him that doing so risks his ability to provide the employee benefits of cat treats.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm convinced we've also had hits from people thinking this was a dating site. (not that they stayed long of course)

R

Reverend Love

I've wondered that myself a few times my self Thallid. Just how many swingers have wandered this site looking for people to dance with.

S

Svenmonkey

What does the acronym "CPA" have to do with a dating service?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm wondering that myself, although I think we HAVE had a post in the CPA's past inquiring about swinging/dating... it just seems to jog a memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.