When did you start collecting?

D

dw51688

I started just when Prophecy came out. But since then I have catched up on a lot of stuff. I have traded many cards over the internet. Over 20 times in a 1 week period. I know a lot of stuff even though I started late. I read many stategie guides play Apprentice and I practice a lot by playing against myself with two decks (it actually works pretty well). But anyways just post your magic statistics. Any torneys you entered, when you started (setwise), stuff like that), oh yeah post your age. I am just curious. If there is any info that is private, you don't have to.

A

Apollo

Hmmm, lot to say here.

I've been playing since just before Ice Age came out.

The biggest tournament I've played in prize-wise (heh) was a tournament for a Mox that I won. I also won a prize at a pre-release that didn't do T8. I won a 25 or so player tournament with 10 packs as it's prize, and placed 10th or so in a 100 player tournament. I came in 2nd at the only T2 tournament I've ever played in (I used the Flames of Rath preconstructed deck because I didn't know it was T2 and so I wasn't prepared; my strength is my play skill, not deckbuilding). And I've won about 50 weekly 10-player tournaments at our local store (really). I won a 15-player T1 at different store.

I'm 15 yrs. old.

Whew! I think I've covered everything.

Apollo

T

Thrash Golem

I've been playing since February

Favorite color: not blue

Favorite card: Last-Ditch Effort

Favorite Set: Alliances

I have entered 3 tournaments:
1. All commons tournament, I entered with someone else's all-burn deck. I placed 5th due to stupid blastoderms.

2. Type 2 tournament, I entered with my own black control deck. I won this one by going 12-1 in matches.

3. Creature type tournament, I entered with my Fungus deck. I came 2nd in the B pool because, once again, Blastoderm. It was fling'ed at me.

I trade about 4 times a week over the internet.

I'm 16 years old, i spend on average like $10 per week on magic.

D

DÛke

...I have collected Angels.
10 Serra Angel
10 Worrior Angel
10 Avenging Angel
51 Selenia, Dark Angel
10 Radiant, Archangel (5 of them are Foils)
10 Archangel
10 Opal Archangel
10 Fallen Angel
10 Garbieal, Angelfire
10 Blinding Angel (5 of them are Foils)
4 of each other Angel, including all the uncommon/common ones from the Saga block.

Now, I'm making the hard decision: if I should add Avatar of Hope to the collect since it looks like an Angel, or, should I just ignore it:)!

This collect took me about a year to complete, and I'm so happy with it. You could tell that I love Selenia the most:)!

E

Elrond

I'm 17, and I've been playing since Ice Age. When I first started I didn't have many people to play against so I wasn't buying a lot of cards. I didn't start really buying until Tempest. I've only been to one sanctioned Tournament, Which was the Prophecy Prerelease, where I placed 64th out of about 250 or so people, I don't think that was too bad for my first tourney. I've been about three non-sanctioned tourneys at the local store I go to: one was a non-cheese T1 where I got third with my white life gain deck, I recently got 1st place in a 6th edition draft where I won all the rares busted from the packs used 18 in all including a Howling Mine, Relentless Assault, Deflection, and Hammer, and the other one I got fourth in another T1 where the winner got two dual lands.

I can't wait for the Invasion Prerelease.

M

Multani

I'm 13.
I've collected since Tempest,
but I've probably played at least a year before I bought my own cards.:D

G

godhand3

I am 15
started when 4th came out and got hooked. I spend about 10 dollars a week on magic, mostly on ebay. I mostly play casual. I have only played in a couple tourneys but the choice I made for my deck did not work in my favor. my most cherished magic memory is playing in my first sanctioned tourney against a guy who must have spent alot of money on magic. He used a counter-burn deck with force of wills and volcanic islands. I beat him 2-1 with my blue counter deck with no rares, only manta riders and air elementals. Sometimes the more basic deck wins. I came out of the tournament 2-2.

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm 16 right now, and started back around 3rd-4th edition (I still have the box from my original 2 player starter :) )

I collect nothing currently, as I haven't truly decided on a signature card/creature type :(

D

DÛke

...start collecting Legendary creatures now. I'm going to collect them from Tempest and up.

What inspired me is having Sissy and Hanna as legends in Invasion.
I can't wait.

C

Cateran Emperor

How do you know what legends are in Invasion DUke? I heard it was Gerrard and Tahngarth!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Funny no one older than 20 posted here...

I've played since late '94 and have played in about 3 tourneys, all around '95. The highest I placed was 4th with my Manabarbs deck... surprised a heck of a lot of people (the best comment of the day was when an opponent played a Howling Mine, I said 'Great' 'cause I knew my deck always benefitted from one, and he said 'you know it's bad when your opponent cheers for a card that you put out' :D).