What's your Guiltiest Gaming pleasure?

W

WickedBoy6

As far as card games go, I've been known to dabble in the occasional Poke'mon & YuGiOh! duel, and once I spent a year of my life wasting away on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, but I have since quit such juvenile activites (except for YuGiOh...Can't quite get away).

The one thing I've never told anyone I still play is...Might & Magic III, a Super Nintendo game that released in 1993 or so. I haven't beaten the game yet, and I still play it on occasion. Sometimes, I'll get bored with it and put it away, only to come across it a month later and play it rabidly.

So, what guilty game pleasures do fellow CPAers have? (P.S. - I've also dabbled in a little DDR now & then)

T

train

before I was married - It was flirting with other gamers girlfriends... that always made them play a little off...

None of them were my friends though...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if what I play qualifies as "guilty" either. I do want a 486 computer so I can play Wing Commander I & II and finish them... and I have MAME so I can play old arcade games...

N

Nightstalkers

ours would be not stopping a kid and his bro from robbing the comix store we were in...

and not leaving a tip for the judge at the last tourney...

beating the living crap out of the kid with the pikachu clothes and bringing poke'mon to a magic tourney... (if your reading this we are very sorry. hope you come out of the coma.)

beating, stealing their clothes, and tieing up three guys over a revine for stealing our collection... (didn't really hurt 'em... did we??? )

and not bombing a Walmart for not carrying magic... (wait! cross that one out. we still like walmart. no joking)

N

Nightstalkers

why should we be sorry for the little spunks for trying to steal from us? we beat the piss out of them (litterally) and they still didn't appologize!!!

and for the little kid with the poke'mon thing... we're very sorry. we take anger management class down the hall, and now we better people for it. (don't ask how many dolls we destroyed.)

T

train

and not bombing a Walmart for not carrying magic... (wait! cross that one out. we still like walmart. no joking

But Wally World does carry Magic cards... only they sell them at the SRP...

N

Nightstalkers

walmart has given one of us a thing about how they don't carry magic cards because of the "satanic" symbols on them... check out the original unholy strength if you want to see them. Muhahahha!!!

W

WickedBoy6

I actually have a cereal-box-sized original Unholy Stregnth hanging on my wall over my Magic cards. Now, everyone DOES believe there's something satanic about them.

I only put it there so people would think that and leave my stuff alone.

N

Notepad

I really enjoy those classic early 80s arcade games. Such as Joust, Mario Brothers (not Super), Battlezone and Asteroids.

Card game-wise, I tried the bondage fantasy that is Yugioh (look at the main character, the guy is 100% fetish fiend...what the hell is he doing to the kids of the world!?!--warping their minds!) and got sick of it after one game and watching a few others play. I still play Pokemon, from time to time.

Okay, that is enough. I feel like crying in the corner, and firing up my Game Boy version of Joust...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mmm... Joust. That's one of the games I have on MAME. Not too good at it (only made it to the 4th or so level) but it's nice and quick. Too bad you can only put your name in the high score list 5 times (out of 40 or so) :)

W

WickedBoy6

Recently, I've been getting hooked on this one online game of a very different sort. It could be found here: Race War Kingdoms

Don't know what it reminds me of, but I swear, it has a fami;iar feel to it.

Z

Zhaneel

Actually, Magic is probably my "Guiltiest Gaming pleasure", as I am a senior playing with freshmen, and my friends still mock me. Not that I have anything against freshmen. Except for the fact that I can't pluralize it correctly.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Guiltiest gaming pleasure? probably Zelda: a link to the past(still remains to this day, the best zelda game ever, and possibly one of the best console games in the world) and Final Fantasy 2 and 3 for super nintendo.

W

WickedBoy6

Zelda: a link to the past...and Final Fantasy 3 for super nintendo.
Az mentioned the two greatest SNES games of all time, in my opinion.