What's your favorite "enemy alliance"?

What unallied colors do you use in two color decks?

• Red-White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red-Blue

• Green-Black

• Green-Blue

• White-Black

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
B

BigBlue

Since the 8th discussion has gotten to nattering on opposite painland inclusion or exclusion. What are your favorite opposed color decks colors?

M

Mikeymike

Haha, R/W is running away with it.

Run, pink run!

---

Seriously though, I've got about 15 decks built right now, 4 of which are R/W.

I

Istanbul

I'm surprised that green/black isn't seeing more popularity.

B

BigBlue

SpiritMonger should get more play than he does. I don't understand the love of r/w.

I

Istanbul

I agree, incidentally. G/U is pretty good...see also Opposition.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Remember, we're going on what our favorite alliance is, not necessarily the best for the cards out there...

D

Dune Echo

Yeah... And black/green has been my favorite since way back during Fallen Empires, I thought that Thallids and Necrites together made a killer deck. :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Pink" has ben my favorite color combo since my first starter deck had a Serra Angel and a Granite Gargoyle in it.

Flying was some good in those days, as I recall...;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd have to say that I've always loved Red/Blue CounterBurn. If there is any fun deck that I had to make in 5 minutes, that would be it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Sammy Dead-O

I went with U/G for two reasons: My old CounterElf deck is one of the most fun decks I've ever played, and Yavimaya Coast has extremely enchanting artwork.

C

Chaos Turtle

Counterburn.

No.
Burn you.
No.
Burn you. Attack.
No.
No.
Attack.
No.

C

Chaos Turtle

Thank you.

It's kinda fun to throw in a "Blow up the world" in there, just to spice things up.

S

Sammy Dead-O

That is exactly right on, CT. I actually built this rather random CounterBurn deck a while back, and it was one of the main decks a friend and I used for a while, simply because neither one of us took the time to build any other decks. We came to hate the deck. Absolutely hate it. One of the most annoying decks ever to play against, and I came to dislike playing with it. It was so random that you'd think it would be fun to see what would pop up from game to game...but the main thing I even looked forward to if I played with the deck was hoping that a Frenetic Efreet would resolve.

I like the concept of CounterBurn, I love burn, I love a lot of red and blue cards that work well in such a deck...but I only want to play the deck once in a pale moon.

When I finally built a new deck and told my friend I wanted to try it out, he said, "Is it red?" (No.) "Is it blue?" (No.) "Okay, I'll play it."

Killer Joe

Counters & Creatures

<sung to the tune "America" from West Side Story>

Here is the reason for Blue-Green-Decks
They are the best and will Wreck-The-Rest
I want to play with the Blue-Green-Decks
Counters and Creatures, hmm, ARE-THE-BEST!

G

Gizmo

Counterburn is too dependent on Nevs Disk, IMHO.

White-Red is a good beginners color combination, as it gives you all the best ways of killing creatures, and white has a lot of awful spells that scrubs seem to like.

Blue/Green for me.

M

Multani

Blue: My favorite "practical" color. Basically, my color of choice in duels.
Green: Favorite "personal" color. Color of choice in a multiplayer game.

Ideal U/G deck:

Elves...
Counter to protect elves.
Use afforementioned elves to bring down two thornies.
Use thornies and pump...bring them down to one.
Bring Multani, Maro-Sorcerer out just to piss them off. :D

Yeah, and then there's always boring opposition decks to play too.
;)

I

Istanbul

Well, I'm trying out white-black in my MP games (specifically 2HG), and it's turning out to be riddled with good cards...look in Casual Decks to see its contents.