What's Your Alignment?

H

Hetemti

What combinations seem to work best for you?

Allied, Enemy, or Mono colors?

I'm definatly an Enemy color player. My most successful decks are R/W and U/G. I can run mono-black pretty well, but then again, black likes to work against itself anyway. :p

As for my forays into the allied color world...even the rare win could hardly be considered a success.
_________
It is the nature of evil to turn against itself.

E

ErinPuff

I play mostly allied colors, some mono, and very occasionally enemy.

Melkor

Its all about enemy colors, I mean the whole point of going multicolor in the first place is to get some diversity. Currently I have 6 fully operational decks, 1 monoblack, 1 Green-Blue, 2 Red-Blue, 1 Red-White, and the final deck is 3 colors White Blue and Green so it is pretty allied. As you can see though, 4 out of 6 are enemy colors. The only two colors that I really like as allies are Red and Green because their speed complements eachother, or maybe its just because those are the colors I played when I first started.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I would choose Allied, although Enemy works for me too...

Although my favorite deck is 4 colors.

Lessee.... the last decks I built were G/B Spike and R/B LD.

My first good deck was R/G/W, so kinda allied, kinda enemy.

The only mono I've really done is white (weenie) but I don't play it that much. Oh wait, I do have a mono-blue Boobytrap deck...

D

DÛke

...it depends on the environment. It depends on the quality of cards need to combine these colors. If Black and Blue works better than Blue and White, for example, I would pick Black and Blue. However, sometimes, I'll even rule out White and just play Black and White. It really does depend on your taste, style, and the cards themselves.

G

Gizmo

I dress to the right.

I think the enemey/allied decbate is more one of which colours complement each other.
G, for instance, typically works best with W and R better than it does with B or U.
On the other hand both R and B can benefit from the board control elements that W can bring, but don`t really get very much from allying with one another or with U or G.

D

DÛke

...in Invasion, WotC didn't print any Gold card that has 2 enemy colors. The Dragon legends are 3 colored, and in the casting cost, all the colored mana is linked by a ally.

In Tempest, for example, they had Selenia, which was part White and part Black. You don't see such things in Invasion...for some reason.

A

arachiron

I like enemy colors in general for my decks--they make for quite interesting play especially against allied color decks.

D

Darsh

Hmm.
I have:
mono-black
mono-white
B/W
B/G
B/U
R/G
So I guess I'm all around.

D

Duel

Look at my decks:
u/b
w/g
w/b
u/g

Looks like allied and enemy colors work for me.

Subnote: I LOVE mono color decks. I am the topdecking GOD with monocolor decks. Just ask Zadok about my extended 10 land green deck.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

It is kind of random for me which type I prefer. I really don't have a preference, except that a mono-color deck doesn't stay mono-color for long. Sometimes I take a deck I have and decide to add another color to this. And then I do. Usually it's not a color one would always add to that archetype, like Blue in BlastoGeddon (don't ask why, but I like it!). But I wouldn't say that any color can complement any color, just that cards from any color can complement cards from any color. My favorite colors are green and blue, so a lot of the time I make green-blue decks, but then I'm not always eager to make red-white decks, and I've only ever made 2 black-green decks, even though I'm constantly changing my decks around.

Essentially, my answer is that I usually prefer two or more colors.

E

Elrond

I play pretty much everything.
Just look at my decks:
mono-white
2 mono-greens
mono-blue
mono-red
B/U
U/W
B/W
5CG
G/R
B/R

I used to have a mono-black conspiracy deck, but I had to pull it apart when they errated conspiracy, considering most of my creatures (by most I'm talking 95% or more) were legends.

Melkor

I think that certain colors just kind of go together. Red and Green complement each other nicely, you have efficient creatures from each, then a little burn from red and a little pump from green. White and Blue also go together because of their defensive natures, and the fact that white can deal with any non-land permanent, blues weakness. Those are probably the two best allied color combinations, black and red don't really complement each other very well because neither solves the others biggest weakness, no enchantment control. I don't know why but outside of enchantress decks, green and white have never been very good for me. A lot of people like Black and Blue and since they are the two best colors they can usually make good decks but I don't think their is much synergy between their cards.

Enemy colors almost always seem to go together at least a little because they provide something the other color doesn't have but the deck types you get are almost always in the same category of deck (control, beatdown, etc). For instance, CounterPhoenix was a combination of blues defensive control elements (counterspell, forbid) and reds agressive control elements (hammer, phoenix).

D

Duel

Enemy colors often compliment each other because they cover up each other's weak spots. green/black has greens creature choice, with black's removal. THat's why I love enemy colors

M

Mikeymike

I'm all about the Enemy colors, favorites are:
1) Pink
2) Turquoise
3) Hunter Green

I do love R/G and U/B though.

Tri-color i like:
1) R/G/U
2) B/G/R
3) B/R/W