What's up?

D

DÛke

You never told us from where you get the title "Freaky Bear." So?

R

Rando

Hey DUke, how's it been?

PJ and Sageridder gave me the Freaky Bear title. I forget why.

jp

T

train

Are you a football fan Rando...

I just happened to notice the chiefs were doing well...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, good to hear from you.

I always thought "Freaky Bear" came from one of his early deck ideas here where people were posting non-deck help in his thread and he posted something to the effect of "Get your own thread, you freaks" (but in a funny way).

R

Rando

Originally posted by train
Are you a football fan Rando...

I just happened to notice the chiefs were doing well...:cool:
Yes, the Chiefs are doing well. They choked at Denver but mopped up Detroit yesterday.

Here's to hoping they can actually acomplish something in the post season.

@ Spiderman
You're right, I remember that now.

Sagerider did a cool ASCII teddy bear for my sig. once. It was neat. I copied it for later use and then my computer crashed, taking all my stuff with it. *cry*.

jp

D

DÛke

I just noticed something that I have not noticed until now: your initials are JP.

Now, anyone who even knows just the surface of me knows that I love to see things up-side-down or inverted, or in reverse, so I was reading the whole thing backwards, and...while, I was reading these posts backwards, I read JP, which, in reverse, is PJ: Purple Jester.

Did I solve an enigma? ;)

She did first appear at MTGnews, exactly during the times we were Role Playing. Hint. Hint. Hint. And you did...O my God, you did have few member accounts...

Or do I just have a good imagination? :D

No one knows what really happened to Purple Jester, where she is, how old she is, what she is - she really was more mysterious than just a cheerful lady, now that I look at it.

One time, when she was asked how old she was, she replied with something like: "never ask a lady her age." She had similar stuff all over. Nice.

Edit: This is for Ericbess - whatever happened to the edited versions of some of the RPGs we played? I recall that you had a plan to edit and polish some of them, transform them into little fantasy epics with little imagery, filling some of the gabs, and dramatizing some of the more deciding moments...did it just become impossible? :)

R

Rando

Oh no. No no. My multiple-alias days are over, and I am not nor have ever been the Jester.

She'd think your theory was funny, I think.

Didn't I see her post here a couple of months ago?

jp

...or is it PJ?...

EDIT: I recall him saying that. It would be a lot of work for just a couple people's enjoyment. I myself went to MTGnews a week or so ago to dig them up, but they've all been deleted. The original ones were fun. Good times...

jp

D

DÛke

Maybe Eric still has copies of them...

What do you mean "the original" ones were fun? The one's without the rules we played in MTGnews were all fun. Everything was, of course, dependant on you as a God to move and balance the game, but you did a great job with it. I think we had three, we played and completed all of them, and they were all original. The first was just an experiment, the characters were new...but then I think seeing how successful it was we decided to play it again, with more emphasis on the same characters - that tells you something. The one thing I wanted to do but never got around to doing is actually play the anti-hero. My character had all the qualities fit for the unleashing of evil, breaking hell loose like no villian had before. And he was growing more violent as the games progressed, with the chaotic nature of his telekinesis, everything sharp could become a tool to engrave the meat of any man, and not necessarily intentially - his powers are not fully under in his control, and so they tend to go off by themselves, on friends and foes alike - and that's the great part about it: not even he knows what he's doing. :D I think eventually I would have split him into two different characters: Rebrouge's Matter and Rebrouge's Spirit, a division between the consious and unconsious, so severe that energy is created in the world that appears as spirit, which is the complete antithesis of Rebrouge's Matter (body, bodily urges, strive for pleasure, physical strength, nature, chaos, violence, desire) - the spirit would be the intellect, mindfulness, balance, justice, self-contained essence, which, when it leaves his body, leaves him as pure evil like has never been witnessed. And since the spirit is pure energy (as opposed to pure matter), it divides itself upon all of the living, so everyone gains a little Rebrougian "upgrade," such as a touch of telekinesis which is perfectly controlable, moderate telepathy, increase in jumping distance (heck, lighter folks can downright levitate thanks be it to that essence)...

From there on a new war is declared: one side fights Rebrouge's Matter, which by then seeks to dominate every living organism, man, animal, plant, and gain control of all energy, atmos, anything that at all moves - the very definition of will to power; however, other, more "modern" folks, which are the majority, seek to keep the division between Rebrouge's Matter and Rebrouge's Spirit so that they may keep the "blessing" of whatever little Rebrougian abilities they attain; and so selfishness as such plays its role again, just like in our modern real world. The majority fight against the minority; the majority desire for division, while the minority strive for reunion.

Wow. I'm in school, on a finals day, and I have let my imagination run really wild...:D It's fun.

Oh no. No no. My multiple-alias days are over, and I am not nor have ever been the Jester.
We can't know for sure, especially not from imposter himself. ;) For all we know "Rando" could be an imposter!

D

DÛke

See, I never noticed Jiggly Puff as a member at all, in fact, I only know of him (?) when someone speaks the name.

But Rando and PJ - now those are old time buddies.

N

Nightstalkers

JP is a great guy. We would conquer the world together if we ever got together. :D

Nightstalker Habuki

A

Almindhra

Oh Duke, if you only put the cold, hard facts together...

Here I am, Almindhra, and we'd grown into hateful enemies...How else could I get into your heart than by creating another persona?...I had to get to you, I tried as Almindhra, but you always just berated me...

As PJ we grew close, we finally had a bond...I had to avoid your questions so I wouldn't expose her as myself...

But, alas, I was too scared, I let go...Thus the end of PJ...

D

DÛke

<applauds, and trips while applauding with mah silly ol'feet and walkin to hear whose still squkin> Mah, mah, moi! Almindhra!

Now...if only Ah didn't happen to have a rendezvous (or good number of them ;)) with dear PJ long before Ah knew who or what in Heaven's Mirrodin you are, Ah would believe yer wild imagination in a "lamb's tail shake," kiddo, but me and PJ "had a thang" going on and I'm afraid Ah can't speak of them things with all the kids waiting for a good bed time story. I'm sure you know what Ah mean...;) Still moi have to wonder...:D the last thang I expected to see is Doppelganger (don't you just love them German words?) but its back, so who am Ah to say what you are sweetie...:p? especially since here we float on the Weird Wide Web where a man can be a girl and a girl a 40 year old innocent-woman and a 40 year old innocent-woman a 27-year old Hottie or...or...or! <grin> We could even wonder who am Ah! A prostitute who has a fetish for dorkies and huge fat long bellies? a policeman surveying contents (Ah see you guys got yerselves a political coliseum!)? or what? Or, to quote what dear Jesus says, it just could be that "Ah in Toi and Toi in Moi"! See, how would them spectators know? :D

T

train

no matter what transpired previously...

Duke and Mindy did just have decent posts directed at each other...:cool:

T

train

for some reason I attract hits... specifically from Mindy...

"She's always e-hitting on me..."
"Dude - those are not the nice kind of e-hits..."
"Yeah, but it sounds decent if people don't actually read the threads..."

I will now take back my statement...

Duke and Mindy had a moment of displacement back there...they were'nt really being decent in posts to one another...:)

D

DÛke

Hey train - I'm not sure if you had the "talk" yet, but let me give it to you son (don't mistake this "give it to you" for more than it is, no matter how god tempting it is): don't mistake a pitying gaze for a flirt. I know you of all people have to take whatever falls your sewer, but, nevertheless, stop it. Please. I feel embarassed just watching.

Oh look! Now this is what I call a moment of "displacement," whatever that is.

T

train

is someone pitifully gazing at me - think I have a chance with them?!....

And whatever falls my sewer is mine to keep - so nyah!

:cool: :p

D

DÛke

So I guess that alone explains the phenomena of your interest in her...

;)