What's up with thieves?

S

Svenmonkey

What is up with thieves? I mean, they break into other people's houses and cars, and just take their stuff, not expecting any consequences. These GD snort-ing lowlifes can't even get a job and get their own stuff, they have to take it from other people! What the cluck is up with that? If some moo-hole walked into my house with a gun, I'd give him either an oink-whoopin' (If I thought I could take him without getting shot) or yell at his sorry squeal till he either cries, leaves, or shoots me. And if the baaa-head shoots me, he'll be prosecuted for either murder or assault and battery, and probably the use of an unregistered handgun, making his sickly life even more piteous, considering most things are stolen so they can be pawned for drug money (and you won't have drugs in jail you filthy moron.) :mad:

Note: Lightly edited from the original rant. ;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd give him either an oink-whoopin' (If I thought I could take him without getting shot)
I've seen you man, and ummm..............i wouldn't get your hopes up about taking out anybody upwards of 12.

Z

Zadok001

Go to your local video rental store, and see if you can located "Following," directed by Christopher Nolen (that would be the fellow who did "Memento," for the record). It's quite good, and very unique. You only THOUGHT Memento jumps around in time.

It may also answer your question, at least for some of the theives out there.

C

Chaos Turtle

You can easily get drugs in jail.
Not that I'd encourage anyone to go to jail.
Or do drugs, for that matter. :p

M

MrXarvox

Don't underestimate the boy too much...

My brother's got a pie cutter and a lot of angst :eek:

G

Goku

If someone broke into my house, they'd either meet the business end of a nasty, double barreled, 12 gauge CANNON, or, if it's not right there, my fists and feet.

Being a good fighter has its advantages.

S

Svenmonkey

"Crazy beats big. Every time." :p

And who the heck are you, Azreal? I doubt I've ever seen you anywhere and I don't think my picture is on the net anywhere...

You're spying on me aren't you...

A

Apollo

If a thief ever came into my house, they'd face the business end of my butt turning and running like heck. Unless I had some sort of weapon on me and they looked unarmed, but still, how crazy would you have to be to attack a guy breaking into your house? I'd run, grab a phone, call 911, then tear around the house screaming and hopefully the guy will leave...

C

Chaos Turtle

Ah, Apollo, how refreshing to see an honest reply here. ;)
I'm with you. My housemate has lots of weapons ("they" won't let me have any...) so maybe he would get medieval on a robber's oink, but as for me, I'm going out the window with the phone.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to say ditto. Only if I was maybe cornered with no escape and he'd already killed everyone in the house so I knew he wasn't open to negotiations would I probably do my best to fight.

Unfortunately, if you shoot (at least) an invader in your house, you could also be charged. It's not exactly the same, but this happened to a couple of brothers in Baltimore who were defending their business after it had been broken into a couple of times. They shot an intruder and now they're going (went?) to court.

I think if it's shown that the intruder was turning away and had his back to you and you shot, you can get charged. Self defense is probably okay.

Z

Zadok001

Assuming I find myself in a position such that combat is my best option (i.e., I know I can win, and I can't solve the situation non-violently), I can and will fight. But 99% of the time, there are better solutions. Apollo and CT's solutions seem like some of the best to me (in all seriousness) because they avoid conflict. Probability is the fellow can be stopped if you can ID him or his vehicle, both rather likely, which means there's no reason to resort to violent combat. (In CT's case, however, I recommend leaving the phone behind. You can get tangled in the cords. :) )

Spidey: Dependant on state law, it is legal to shoot someone even if they have their back turned to you (assuming, of course, they're on your property). Most of that depends on how well you can claim self-defense, of course, but it IS legal in some locations.

C

Chaos Turtle

I have a cordless phone! (Several, actually, inculding a nifty hands-free model.)

Robbers beware!

D

Daggertooth

I'd hate to have someone try to rob my house. It's so messy the poor fool would probably trip on every loose article, falling and hurting himself. Then he'd sue me for having a messy house, misplaced knives, or non-regulation stairs. After I ultimatly loose the battle He'd be living the high life while I have to give everything I own to the law suit.

Love the american Justice system. :rolleyes:

Daggertooth

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Crazy does beat big.....most of the time, but thats why you have to be insane and big, just to cover the bases.:D

and when Xarvox used to attend Carver, and you came in to tell him his ride was there......I would be the rather hulking looking chap on his right side.