What's the next game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That people want me to run... We can go back to Beyond Balderdash or Tribond, or play another card game like Take 6 or Zum Kuckuck, or something new althogether (although I don't know what).

I'm still willing to play BigBlue's Wizard game or any other games that other people want to come up with.

B

BigBlue

I'm up for whatever. I'll run whatever anyone wants other than an RPG, I'm far too busy to run one effectively.

Would anyone be interested in trying to do play a limited form of magic? I realize there are much better alternatives to online magic, but those only work if all players have time.

One person could "judge" and handle Libraries. I'd be interested in giving it a shot. Of course counters might be a problem, I'd hate to try to pass priority every play... We could limit the game somewhat by eliminating counters (which is a big step for a blue player).... :D

If we set the parameters up, I'd be willing to run it.

Heck, we could even do a rochester draft fairly easilly...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The "monthlong" version of Magic? I'd be willing to try it too; I can't really play in real life and I don't have time to sit down on Apprentice.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to handle priorities but probably the safest thing to do is to wait for everyone to give the okay.

B

BigBlue

We could run it attack Left, with a 1 person radius of spells to limit priority worries... Or just run head-2-head...

Of course, I've always been partial to Emporer...

Which still limits the spell range.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i'm definetly willing to play a monthlong game of magic.

R

rkoelsch

so what kind of spell range limits are you looking at? you can only attack people in adjoining states? :D Okay I am in but only if extended or type 1 or 1.5.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I say Type Casual with the Type 1 Restricted List.

I can still run another game while this is going on though. :)

B

BigBlue

Pick a format. Pick the deck limits (type 1, 1.5, ...).

It sounds like we have players. I'll run it, but let's not start until January since we have holidays intervening. Then, we can start. The more players, the more work it'll be for me, so let's limit it to 10 or less.

If you can send me an apprentice .dec, so I can use it to handle drawing and randomization that'll be really helpful (I'm going to make this a requirement). I will handle Library draws and attempt to remind what effects are going on, but I will not guarantee that I'm going to remember everything.

Ultimately plays are the responsibility of the players.

I will also handle random effects (random discards). What I'll likely do is print out a randomization of your decklist and use it to handle your draws. Does anyone actually care if I don't **reshuffle** after things like tutors and whatnot. I will if a library is revealed (by say a lobotomy).

I suggest that each post doesn't need to show the entire play region, although it might be best if we simply edit one post showing play area.

A play area might look like the following.

Library (34) Hand (4) Life: 17

Graveyard: Duress, Diablolic Edict, Dark Ritual, Undermine

Untapped Lands: Swamp (3), Underground Sea (1)

Tapped Lands: Swamp (1), Island (1), Underground Sea (1)

Untapped Creatures: Hypnotic Specter

Tapped Creatures: None

Untapped Artifacts: Rack (Big Blue)

I am certainly open to any suggestions or offers of help/bribes... :D

B

BigBlue

Also, we should decide on some turn time limit (with weekends and holidays excluded since some players don't have access during those periods).

It will be assumed that if you don't make a play, that you've untapped, drawn, and did nothing during your turn.

I'd say 48 hours is the max given weekend and holiday intervention, 24 hours would be better. I sometimes am on during the weekends, but not always. Another person having the Libraries would also help, since it wouldn't totally depend on my catching your play (for those late night players).

It would be nice if you told me your **normal** online times (with TZ), so I could put players in that same order to move play along more smoothly. Depending on the level of trust we have (I mean this is entirely casual and fun) I could PM draws a turn or two in advance if players felt that was ok (to speed up play). Not meaning 2 turns worth of draws, but if you are player C and it's player A's turn, we could be anal and wait until the end of A's turn before telling B what his draw is, or we could just send B and C their draws (to make the game flow quicker, though that involves honest players who don't read it until their draw. I think this could be verified via reciepts with PM's, but it would add a layer of complexity to my life...

R

rkoelsch

oh no that means I have to load apprentice back up. Type one casual is okay. After the holidays is good. 24 hrs during the week is fine.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Type 1 Casual. But should we play with the Type 1 Restricted List or make it Banned? 'Cause I can see it might be interesting to play with the P9 and then again, it might not :)

I'm on every weekday except every other Friday starting with the 27th and holidays. So 24 hrs sounds reasonable unless my Friday off presents a problem.

I don't care what type of game (draft or otherwise), but to help out with timing and effects, what BigBlue said here

We could run it attack Left, with a 1 person radius of spells to limit priority worries...
is good.

R

rkoelsch

Just to make us even more undecisive maybe we could run a tribes format?

J

Jigglypuff

It's a pain to load Virtual PC so I can load Apprentice, but I'll play anyway.

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

JP, if you can't load apprentice, perhaps you can run one of those html generators I've heard about. I mean I've seen a page which you can put in a dec and it will output an apprentice decklist.

Also, I can accept them without being apprentice, it would just make my life easier if it was already in a format which enables easy shuffling...

I don't actually have apprentice yet, but I know it can do what I want it to do because I had it once before.

I don't really want to build X decks with RL cards/proxies.

And I am a big fan of 1.5 over 1. casual should be 1.5 ( type 1 arsehole isn't fun and I'd hate to see a channel fireball go off early...) Extended wouldn't be bad either, although it is more combo driven. Deck restrictions will be the final decision...

Several ways of running attack left, we can make it so it is last man (woman) standing, or first kill. Doesn't matter much to me, but I've never liked the latter much. Also we can decide if you get life for a kill. I've played MP before where you gain 5 life if you get a kill.

Heck, we could run a color game without color hosers too, that might be fun...

Tribes would be cool too... Color Tribes even...

The possibilities are pretty endless. I will start a series of polls once we get players solidified.

I guess b4 I can solidify players the format is needed... 5 color would be 5 players, emporer would be 6. So, if you are interested in either of those formats ...

The more players, the longer it will take. Earlier I said 10, I think I'm going to cap it at 6 instead. at least for the first run. That way a full turn could still take over a week...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone could send me their deck and I'll put it in Apprentice and send it to BigBlue... :D

I like 1.5 over Extended since more sets are in the former, but I like using some of the cards on the Type 1 Restricted List which would be banned in 1.5 that are not the P9 :( Oh well.

I don't care what format; I guess I have to see the poll thread. Tribes is interesting as is 5-color.