What's the "meanest" multiplayer casual card?

B

BigBlue

Which one do you really hate to see? Please avoid the obvious global kills, no one likes those much either (Stasis, Armageddon, Wrath, Disk, etc).

In our group no one cares much for Capsize for it's late game control. Another one we hate to see is a friends Nether Void deck. Syphon Soul is a fun multiplayer card, kinda like the Post Office tax in Illuminati.

T

theorgg

My first reaction is Congregate.

Then again, I have seen others use it on a person just to see them die because everyone wants to get his life total down...

Acidic Soil is my vote for the meanest, if you've got somthing that can get rid of some of your lands (like Lesser Gargadon)... It's killed several people. I killed seven people with it, including myself.. damned Aegis of Honor... :D

G

Gerode

I go down very quickly after I play Humility, and as of late my Iron Maiden/Viselings haven't earned me an ounce of respect (hey, letting my oppenents draw cards is supposed to be NICE).

A few less massive cards, my group has issues dealing with Armadillo Cloaks. And Plains+Forest means instant death for one of my friends, because we all know the other cards in his deck :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to say Fireball (or any X burn spell). There's nothing like a creature standoff where everyone's afraid to move but everyone's building up mana and then BOOM! One player is toast.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

You play a shahrazad in multiplayer......you're dead.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Congregate near the end of the game. In any deck that can function with it, it basically says 'kick me.' That much life is bad for public relations

M

Mikeymike

Gotta vote for Balance, as the person who casts it usually stands the best chance of walking away least harmed.

Worst multiplayer card has to be Standstill - it does exactly that to the game. The worst is even when you are tempted to blow it up just to move the game along, you KNOW whatever you cast will be countered by the guy who played standstill, either by the counter in his hand or the 1 he draws off the enchantment.

I hate to see Underworld Dreams also.

N

Nightstalkers

We think that you should try a little thing called BFM.
Nuf said don'tcha think:confused:

B

BigBlue

Originally posted by Mikeymike

Worst multiplayer card has to be Standstill - it does exactly that to the game. The worst is even when you are tempted to blow it up just to move the game along, you KNOW whatever you cast will be countered by the guy who played standstill, either by the counter in his hand or the 1 he draws off the enchantment.
Who do you let draw? I've never actually played a standstill in MP.

The one I do play which has the same effect is Hesitate. What sux is when someone drops the elephant land. Unless you have something else going on, you end up countering your own spell to eliminate it.

L

Lotus Mox

yes Standstill is really annoying in multiplayer, because when you play a spell everyone except you draws three cards. (Standstill states that all opponents of the caster of the spell draw 3)
Needless to say that's a very bad thing, therefore in a neutral board position no1 plays anything and there's just a huge Standstill *yawn*.

Standstill BTW is an amazing card for teamplay, e.g. in 3 vs 3 Standstill in an advantageous position will get your team 9 for 1 card advantage for a mere 2 mana.

I think the most annoying cards in Multiplayer are Winter Orb and Armageddon, nothing sucks more than not being able to do anything.

T

theorgg

With the Coffers, BFM has come down in a LOT more of the games I"ve played with Richard. Sadly, I've gotten to see how weak that 99/99 actually is nowadays. Bounce the left half? Kill the right. Terminate. TREACHERY! Agonizing Demise with Kicker after getting the Blind Seer to make it very blue indeed...

I've gotten to attack with it six times. Many times it's killed mid-flight, one time it had Second Thoughts after combat damage was assigned(to get rid of it for the non-dead people), and the one time it didn't die, the guy cast Fog.

:rolleyes:

:west:

B

BigBlue

One of the players in our group just loves Fog. Enough that he plays holy day and Darkness (talk about old skool) as well. It really frosts me when it happens. (cuz you overextend expecting to elim a player and it doesn't happen.)

M

Mikeymike

as Constant Mists - the buyback fog from Stronghold. A vastly underrated card. Its a problem for annoying depending on creature kill and who is not running counters or LD.

I

Istanbul

Dawnstrider.

"Fog. And fog. And also fog. Furthermore, fog. And fog, too. As well as fog. Give up yet?"

T

theorgg

Ok, O.K!

'Twas a Constant Mists, brought back by a sac of a Snow-Covered Forest.

He was playing Lure/Venom with fogs and gasses. It just happened to have the side effect of saving him. ;)