What Were You Thinking? Rules

E

EricBess

Okay - here's a refresher coarse for those of you who played before and the rules for those who didn't.

What Were You Thinking is played in rounds, where I ask a question and you PM me a list of responses. There are no wrong answers to the questions and all questions will call for multiple answers. The objective of the game is to match answers with other players.

For example, I might ask the question, "Name 3 prominant members of the CPA" and I get the following responses:

Spiderman: Spiderman, EricBess, Chaos Turtle
train: Spiderman, train, EricBess
Shiro: Spiderman, train, Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff, EricBess, Carl Sagan

Each answer is worth a number of points (scoring points, not victory points) equal to the number of people that got that answer. So, all given answers are worth the following amount of points:

Spiderman - 3
EricBess - 3
Chaos Turtle - 1
train - 2
Jigglypuff - 2
Carl Sagan - 1

Adding up scores, we see the following:
Spiderman (3, 3, 1) = 7 points
train (3, 2, 3) = 8 points
Shiro (3, 2, 2) = 7 points
Jigglypuff (2, 3, 1) = 6 points

So, train wins the round with 8 points. Spiderman and Shiro tie for second with 7, and Jigglypuff comes in 4th.

Once we've determined the winner of the round, we assign victory points. 5 victory points to the winner of the round, 3 for second, 2 for third, and 1 for forth. In the event of a tie, all players involved in the tie get the full victory points. So, victory points are assigned as follows:

Spiderman - 3
train - 5
Shiro - 3
Jigglypuff - 1

There are a few things to keep in mind.

- Try to come up with answers that will be popular with the rest of the group. For example, if the question is "name 5 captains and you are playing at a Star Trek convention, don't list "Captain Ahab".
- If you can't think of enough answers, just guess anything. Note above that even unmatched responses are worth 1 point each. That can often be the difference in where you place for the round.
- If you have an idea for something that might be a good question for the group, PM me with it. There are certain things I keep in mind when creating a question, but I'm open to suggestions and have been known to give a bonus victory point when I use someone else's question.
- Even if you are behind in victory points, don't give up. The right question could catch you up faster than you think.

If anyone has any questions, post them here or PM me. I'll start a new thread with the first question.

N

Nightstalkers

Answers for the first question:

Akhalar, Tolaria, Jhallar, Monkee Island, Suddan

I'll give real answers for all of JP's questions

:D

Ferret

Staff member
Try to come up with answers that will be popular with the rest of the group.
I think I'lljust answer honestly and hope that everyone else has the sense to agree w/ me :)

-Ferret

"popular? What's that?"

N

Nightstalkers

it is that tingly feeling that ya get when spidey feels something coming.

N

Nightstalkers

Hm. Thats what you get for letting idiots play with the keyboard...

Lets rephrase that:

it is that tingly feeling that spidey feels when danger is coming.

N

Nightstalkers

if danger is coming....

JP really should have gotten somebody to close this one too..:D

B

BigBlue

Pay no heed to NS..... they are often a little confused....

Damnit... Now they have me doing it... I mean he has me doing it.... :D :D :D

N

Nightstalkers

Their the real :rolleyes: answers to Eric's questions of WWYT...

not really, but it makes it just as fun that they are not even the ones we would submit.

Eric, Join the collective :eek: