What useless cards do you enjoy opening?

R

rakso

I know everyone dreams of opening the hottest rare in the set in every pack, but I've actually been overjoyed to open certain useless rares. You know, the type you know you'll have trouble trading and will have a headache trying to play?

My examples from Mercadian Masques, for example, would be Magistrate's Scepter and Cateran Overlord.

In older sets, I laughed at opening things like Derelor and Ebon Praetor, but I had a soft spot for Thrulls and Thallids. Goblin Bomb was great, too, and my brother actually once won with it.

Of course, I tried hard with my third Flicker, but you do have to draw a line somewhere. :)

F

Fire Slinger

I love getting a Trade Routes or Tower of the Magistrate (Anti-Masticore tech). I remember the time I pulled a Foil Fledgling Ospery and thought that was pretty cool. ( Ohhh! Shiny object!!).

R

rakso

Dawnstrider stops mono green decks cold unless they draw Masticore, right, and Trade Routes is a powerful drawing engine, not to mention a headache with man lands.

Just a thought about what you consider funny. :)

C

Cateran Emperor

Alexi. I dunno why, but I think she's hot ;)

Yeah, she's a good card, but I had to mention her ;)

My runners up - Shrieking MOGG (You have to admire his enthusiasm :D ) OR Fleeting Image (why doesn't anyone use this little guy anyway? I love this card)

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on September 1st, 2000 at 10:13 AM]

P

Purple_jester

Here's a flash from the past.

Urza's Miter - I liked drawing this card because it got me believing my friend's theory that Urza was the Dominarian Archbishop. Don't know if it's rare though.

Sorrow's Path - I actually pulled out two of this disgusting thing. I traded one, and the one I kept has a prominent place in my display album.

Thoughtlash - This was an R2 in Alliances, and every time I got one, I would laugh my head off. At the time, we thought that it was a one-way ticket to suicide. I still take the opportunity to Donate this card whenever I can.

Necropotence - WAIT! LET ME EXPLAIN! At the time, just about everyone thought Necropotence sucked. Probably because they read InQuest too much. I didn't read InQuest, and I thought that this card was okay "because it let you get more than 1 card." I pulled out 3 of these in packs and I bought them in stores from "commons" boxes whenever I could. I had a field day when people found out how powerful this card was. :)

D

Darsh

I love every card that I have even the useless rares.

Hmm... Goblin Bomb I need to put that in a deck.

N

nanokill

i don't know why but almost everytime i opened a legacy pack
last year i would get an anthroplasm. i wonce made an illegal deck of 30 islands and 30 anthroplasms because of it. then i sold stack of about 35 to a collector/card dealer in atlanta.

weird huh?

Z

Zadok001

Well, I _love_ pulling Greater Goods... :) But when I can't get any of those, pulling Elephant Resurgance always draws a laugh or two (BOUNCING ELEPHANT!!!).

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

The Hive and living lands, whenever i get one i try to trade it off and to my surprise i open up a pack and get another one.