What to Play

T

Turtlewax Joe

There's a tourney that's going to happen 1 time a week at the local store. It's kind of an odd format though. On;y this format uses my favotite sets of all time!:) So here's the format: Rath Cycle, Artifact Cycle, and Masques Block. 6th and 7th edition are also legal. THERE ARE NO BANNED CARDS!

THE QUALM: I'm in a toss up over what to play!?
and can you help me decide?

Thanx, T.J.

G

Gerode

Think of all the old decks with cards that were banned... I've never played tourneys, but these might be okay ideas if you have the cards available.

Recurring Nightmare
Academy (unless you want to safely leave the building afterward)
Pandeburst 21

Z

Zadok001

*COUGH!*

You're kidding? They're letting you play Academy with no banned cards?!?!?!

*COUGH!*

Pray no one else tries that... :)

And in the meanwhile, play RecSur!

G

Gizmo

You play Academy, durr. Turn one kills are quite good I think.
If Academy isn`t working play Jar. Certainly don`t play anything that needs three turns cos you won`t get them.

IMHO this format is stupid. It`s like combo heaven - cos it`s got all the combo cards in and no Force Of Will.
:(

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm with Gizmo on this one. The format is broken, and Academy is obviously the deck to play.

H

Hellion

BARGAIN!

SLIGH!

STOMPY!

take a pick....u'll love either one. But the question is...do you still ahve the cards?

I

Istanbul

Actually...a modified version of Sligh might be fun, maindecking Scald and Meltdown. Everyone will be playing Academy, so you can plan for that.

Z

Zadok001

If you have any qualms about playing combo decks, thou shalt play four Academies anyway, because you need to get one in play before your opponent does...

M

Mundungu

Sadly it would have to be Academy or Jar, as Giz says.

I am just debating with myself whitch one of both is better...

Where is the tourney ?
I can make an academy deck ... although it might be better to just play Rock / paper / scisor.

(just a note, the absolute Academy kill card is root maze, great first turn for green)

P

Pezmeister

it looks like you're gonna be forced to play academy if you want to be competative. but since this is the cpa...

...play draw-go!

(hey, it could work!)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know, you could play Arcane labortory to slow down Academy and Jar decks to a crawl............providing you live long enough to cast it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Turtlewax Joe

What about Replenish? If you guys aren't cool with that I'll play academy.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think that no matter what deck you chose, unless it's a deck with 56 Islands and 4 Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, we will be cool with it. If you have the cards to play Replenish and you feel it could be a dominant deck against the metagame, by all means, play it.

Dark Lord of magic: NO!!!!!!!!!! He MUST play SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ransac slaps the Dark Lord of magic upside the head.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Turtlewax Joe

the tourney isn't even sanctioned...maybe even only about 30 people. I'm going with a t-shirt advertising the CPA so i thought you guys could decide on the deck i'm playing........

possible decks:
Academy Blue
Replenish
a crazy CPA deck
Jar
Mono-Brown

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If the prize is worth it, play one of the more powerful ones we mentioned.

If the prize is lame, play a crazy CPA deck.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Turtlewax Joe

25$ cold hard cash and a box of Invasion(crazy aint it)

I need deck lists for everything besides Replenish decks.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I need deck lists soon if I want to get the cards before the Tourney.