what to do..what to do.....

T

TylersOnFire

alrighty so i have this great artifact combination that i used in my wildfire deck many moons ago...

4 voltaic keys
4 thran dynamos
4 grim monoliths
3 metalworkers

these little suckers together would usually give me about 10 colorless by 3rd or 4th turn...so i added in disintegrates and blazes to char my opponenet. however im bored of blazes and all...and i want to try another color. i thought that these artifacts would help with big creatures so i was thinking green...with like thorn elementals and maybe some artifact creatures like pheyrexian collusus. basically stuff that i can get out quick with the artifacts and have their damage go through pretty easily. so ive got those two creatures and im thinking that a few more would help. any ideas? also im not really sure what and what amount of spells to use. enchantment destruction is all i got so far. i was thinking maybe some X spells because of all the mana but i really am not sure...havnt played in a while. so any help here would be really appreciated. Thanks!:cool:

T

TylersOnFire

yeah ive used chimeric staff a couple of times with those and its awesome...what is rocket launcher though..

J

Jigglypuff

Rocket Launcher
Artifact
{2}: ~this~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Sacrifice ~this~ at end of turn. Play this ability only if you've controlled ~this~ continuously since the most recent beginnning of your turn.

There ya go. The card was released as an uncommon in Antiquities and as a rare in Revised.

(- Steve -)

T

TylersOnFire

yeah for rocket launcher though...2 is a hard mana amount for this deck plus it would be a one time thing...possiblitiy though...any other ideas?:confused:

P

Purple_jester

I made this deck, also many moons ago. Here's the recipe:

1. Begin with Tinker/Wildfire artifact mana engine.
2. Add Urza Lands from Antiquities/Chronicles.
3. Add 1 copy each of Candelabra of Tawnos, Tolarian Academy, Mana Vault and a few other Type 1 restricted cards.
4. Put in 4 copies each of Rocket Launcher and Aladdin's Ring.
5. Add a smattering of decent artifact creatures.
6. Enjoy as you destroy your opponent with totally colorless damage.

PS: Whadya mean 2 mana is hard for this deck? Rocket Launcher has no tap requirement. You inflict 1 damage for every 2 mana you choose to pump into it. I've killed opponents using only Rocket Launchers. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, going back to green creatures you have Verdant Force, Force of Nature (maybe not so good if you don't have the 4 green upkeep), Craw Giant... something that's big AND has trample is always nice.

T

TylersOnFire

going all artifact sounds really cool. might have to try that. i could put in pheyrexian collusus because i ll have keys.. what other big, good artifact creatures could i use. plus ill putin rings and rocket launchers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you might as well go for the original, Colossus of Sardia... the new "dinosaur" ones aren't quite as big, but maybe they're worth a consideration?

T

TylersOnFire

two things...can scardia be blocked easily...because i want creatures that will go through pretty easy. pheyrexian collussus cant be blocked by fewer than 3 creatures...so yeah
also what are dino's sorry confuse...:confused:

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maybe Draco or Teeka's Dragon (both are not as effective as Colossus though).

I

immortal grave walker

fling the colossus to do 7 or 9 points of damage to target player or creature.

P

Purple_jester

Fling
1R
Sorcery
Sacrifice creature you control to deal damage to target creature or player equal to the sacrificed creature's power.

T

TylersOnFire

ah...so like after he attacks then use the fling to hopefully win?....:cool: hmmm i like it!!